Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Liter bikes...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Liter bikes...

Enjoy the bike. I love mine!

Old 11-12-2007, 05:50 PM

I finally got my racing pants, so all I need are boots, which I will get next year. I was out for about 15 minutes today in the dark and I still can't believe how powerful this machine is. Without the right mind-set, you will get hurt. I find myself paying even more attention now that I have more power so I believe my awareness level will be even better in the long run. It doesn't feel that much different in the turns than my 600RR. A little bulkier but it goes into a turn with just a thought, like the 600 did. With the Yoshi full system, it sounds a little meaner as well. The best thing I have ever owned so far...

Old 11-12-2007, 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: McCone33

I might put the wider tire on after I go through what's on there now. Famous last words, huh? Well, I've been riding for about four years without a single wreck so I think I'm pretty good at judging my own abilities. Is the bike scary? Not at all. I think having too much fear is worse than having no fear at all. A liter bike will only go fast if you turn the throttle and right now, I'm just getting the feel for it, with a new tire on the rear, in cold weather. Which means I'm riding it like a cruiser until the tire is good and ready to take a little more abuse. Lets just hope the snows don't come for another month or so. Having that machine and not being able to ride it will be torture akin to having your nails pulled.
Havent wrecked after 4 years.. wow. Dude, its not if you have or havent , its when and where you wreck. I am not saying you are going to pile you new bike.. and congrats by the way on a bitchin new bike..get some pics in here... anyway, its going to happen. Again, I am not harping on you or your experience or the fact you got a literbike.. just the no wreck part. Not exceeding your limits on a motorcycle doesnt translate to expertise. Sounds like you have a good head, and do ride within your abilities. But, I have ridden for lots and lots of years, and have had many wrecks. Some bad, some not-so-bad. It is going to happen, and it sucks when it does. Dont let me scare you... most wrecks I have had I didnt even see coming. Before you know it, your on the ground wondering what the f&#k happened. All I can tell you is suit up.. do me a favor and get some nice riding gear and always wear it... I have ridden to work many times with my full race leathers, boots, etc. Good Luck, and enjoy the new ride!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM

I recently sold my 929 and am seriously considering the 1KRR.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 PM

I almost bought a 954 the day I got my 1000RR. Get it and enjoy yourself. You will have it forever or at least I hope you do, as well as I. It's pretty tame in the low rpm's so you can get used to the handling but once you get to a certain point, watch yourself. The 929 seems like a killer machine in itself although I would rather have the 954 myself. Now I have all that I need. Yes, I'm sure I will hit the pavement sooner or later, especially since I am on the road so much. What has saved me so far is anticipating the stupidity of cagers, especially on one of my last long rides on the 600RR. If I took a turn as fast as I wanted to, I would have had a car pull out in front of me but I slowed down to the point of avoiding getting creamed. Somehow I knew that he wasn't going to stop but it's my thought process that saved me that time. I am invisible at all times to all cagers.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very good choice my friend.
Be safe, keep the rubber side down.

So... how bout them pics?

Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 AM

Congratulations! Very nice bike (Matt sent me some pics). I can't wait to see it in person! Also, I can't wait until I canpick up my nextso we can hit the road .

Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 AM

Riding like every cagers is going to pull out infront of you is a smart way to ride-that's what I do. Alot of times when I come to an intersection or a side road that has a car or cars at it I slow down and cover the brakes and get ready to react. There is no way to make it so you never wreck, but we can all do our part to not wreck or wreck as bad.

Just enjoy that big bike and don't let the stories freak you out-ride safe and smart and you'll be fine.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats buddy.

Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 PM

I still need to get the bike legal so I can leave my neighborhood for awhile now and again. People think that just because it's a liter-bike, it will loop just by twisting your wrist. Yes, you need to pay attention but no, the front end doesn't come up unless you want it to. I know that after about 5000rpms, this bike starts to roar, so I have been taking it easy. We have been getting off of work later and later so when I get home, it's usually dark out. The life of a worker bee...