Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Life........and my take on it....

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Life........and my take on it....

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

I agree 100%, as I'm the exact same way. Not saying I still don't play it safe cuz I always do, it's not like I want to die before my time cuz I really don't. I realize riding is dangerous in itself, but I do everything I can to make it as safe and enjoyable as possible. But like you said, when it's your time to go it's your time to go... I can't argue with that. Everyone that knows me knows how I ride and, god forbid something should happen, at least it's known that it was simply my time to go, and not because I was doing something stupid.

One of my favorite quotes... I forget where I heard it but always stuck in my head.... "I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death". And it's absolutely true!

I know my dad really doesn't like me riding, though he's gotten used to it over the last 3 years. But everytime the subject comes up, he says "you won't catch me on one of those things, I like a little metal around me". Hey that's cool, whatever floats your boat! But down here hell it's dangerous standing anywhere near a Walgreens entrance in fear of Esther Goldstein, 92, of Century Village is gonna plow her Grand Marquis through the front doors cuz... and I quote.. "when I stepped on the brake the car accelerated... it must be a defect, I'm going to sue"

You've only got one life to live and one chance to enjoy it.... might as well make the best of it and do what makes you happy! Otherwise you'll just get old and grumpy and keep asking yourself... "what if..."
that is it, safe and enjoyable. you want to be safe so you can be there to enjoy it and you dont want to be too safe so you cant enjoy it.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:40 AM

People tell me all the time that I'm going to die on my bike, well it's better then dieing in my sleep. Oneof my good friends died in a bike wreck about 3.5 years ago and I said I would never ride street, but look at me know i ride as much as i can and have fun with it. I alway have my gear on and try to keep the speed within reason, but I have fun with my bike and enjoy doing what I do. I feel that everythng happens for a reason and it's all part of God's plan for your life. When God is done with me here he will take me home, but till then I will be on the bike and living life trhe way I want to.

My mom and grandma worry so much that they do nothing fun at all and now my grandma is in bad health and can't really do anything, but she never did anything when her health was fine. She is going to die playing it safe.

I work out every day andI don't drink alot, but I do smoke cigs like they are candy LOL! I work out to look good, not to try to live to be 100. Death is not my real fear about rideing-it's geting badly hurt and being messed up for life, but it's a risk i'm willing to take.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Well I'm going to try to keep this one short LOL

You accept a certain amount of risk every second of every day. And whether Heavenly Faith, Karma, Fate or Chaos controls your path in life. It makes absolutely no difference whether you avoid one activity or another because what most individuals believe is that you have very little control over your final outcome. I do not believe this is 100% true. I believe you have a great deal of control over your final outcome, but to allow yourself to be bullied by fear is absolutely no way to live life. The best thing you can do once you have made a decision to participate in dangerous activity is to be fully prepared for the inherent danger of your venture. Knowledge is strength; knowledge is what makes us who we are. Your position in life is greatly determined by the amount of knowledge you have accumulated. It may at times be necessary to overwhelm your fear with logic and not allow fear to overwhelm you. If the individual above has calculate the risk and believes that the dangers outweigh the benefits than their personal logic has dictated their course. But if the above statement is made only out of fear of the consequences then they are still working with an adolescence perspective. Most adults around the age of 24 make a transition in mindset from a reactionary mind to a thinking mind. So therefore individuals operating with a reactionary mind reacts to the environment around them and nothing else to a certain extent, what I'm saying is, their emotions are more in charge than they know. I could go on for hours on the reactionary mind, but I won't. The bottom line is you have to take charge of your fears and put things into perspective and be rational and logical about them

Now if you can't wait to your 24 or didn't make the transition, You could always come to one of only two recruit depots in the United States they will help you cure this problem in about 13 weeks

Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rmr1923

i picture heaven as a garage full of every sportbike i could ever dream of anda road course right outside if that's where riding my motorcycle is going to send me, then i say "full speed ahead"
all aboard!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:30 PM

some quotes that i think apply...maybe they shouldnt apply for everyone but for me they work....
"Faster, Faster, til the thrill of the speed overcomes the fear of death" hunter S thompson

"Your never gonna be happy unless your going mach 2 with your hair on fire and you know it"-- "Charlie",NavalInformant, Top Gun

.....As with all of you, i always get the "your gonna die on that thing"...or even better, "there's no way i trust the people driving around me enough to get a bike, your gonna get killed".....the thing that gets me the most about this is that most of the people telling me these things dont even know me, or the fact that i have been racing cars since i was 7, or the fact that i spent 4 years in the military and survived2 tours in Saudi...usually they are just some dufus drooling over my bike wanting to know how fast it goes and how fast i have been, then making one of these cono de toro statements....well.......thhhppppfftttt...first of all who the hell are you to tell me when i am gonna die, shoot, i made it this far doing a lot more dangerous things then ridin a motorcycle..and 2nd its a damm good thing i bought this bike and not you then eh??
And i really am not happy unless i am going mach 2 with my hair on fire.....if i die that way, then i will die happy...and thats pretty much all you can ask for i think.

formy non spanish speaking friends cono de toro = B@#@@hit

Old 10-02-2007, 09:52 PM

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today!"-James Dean

Old 10-02-2007, 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654
Now if you can't wait to your 24 or didn't make the transition, You could always come to one of only two recruit depots in the United States they will help you cure this problem in about 13 weeks
13 minutes!

Old 10-02-2007, 10:49 PM
Friend and Hero ...

You Got 5 Seconds to Get off My Bus and3 of Them Already Gone ****bag Move Your *** LOL

HOLY **** Here Is Another One Who Left His Chest at Home LOL

never could cut it as a Killer HaT Would Have Lost My Bearing Way Too Often