Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Letting off steam!! (pics pg2,3,4)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Letting off steam!! (pics pg2,3,4)

Well guys... i'm officially done with street riding. Crash v1.2 went down again this time it was pretty serious but i and the other rider walked away from it lucky. Long story short buddy went to over take a car.... I followed behind in stagger formation. After passing the first car I thought my buddy was going to pass the second car so I stayed on the gas. Well he backed way off, I was way on the gas.. and BOOM. I rearend him as he decided to get back over. YES a complete and uncallled for accident that could have put both of us in the hospital. Just real down right now.

Thankfully to gear I walked away from this 70+mph lowside with some bumps and bruises and minor rash. Insurance will cover the bikes. Roughly 1k damages to the RR and 3k to the RC51.[&o]

Old 10-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Letting off steam!!

Crash, you know i've been there too. you're speaking in the moment. **** happens............oh man does it, haha. im glad to hear you are both ok and walked away......GEAR FTMFW!!!! idk what to say to really change your mind. other than give it some time.

take care man. pm me if you need help finding parts or anything. im sure you have websites you order from but i've found some sites w/ some really dirt cheap prices on OEM stuff.

im gonna go buy a six pack and mail you a cold one (well, may not be cold when you get it, haha). whats your beer, brother?

Old 10-13-2008, 07:37 PM

glad to hear your ok. take it as a lesson learned. get back on one more time after you heal up then make your decision to walk away. dont let fear make that decision for you cause it will haunt you forever bro. just get back on and go around the block then get off and either hang it up or get back in the saddle. either way i'm glad to hear your ok

Old 10-13-2008, 07:38 PM

i didnt mean that "haha" about **** happening in any way making fun of the situation. it was more b/c of whats happened w/ me. just incase you may have taken that wrong.

we need to meet up and ride damnit. fix the bike, and we'll take a nice medium pace cruise through some great roads, my friend!

heal up, change your mind, and RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE ON!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:39 PM

Sorry you went down dude
hope everything turns out ok

Old 10-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do what you feel most comfortable...but I would suggest changing your name to nocrashhaman as a precaution!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 PM

Man that sucks....but hey your ok...bikes are replaceable....lives aren't

Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM

idk where i found this .......but thought i'd throw it out there. take your advice, Crash.

keep your head up. These things happen especially with the mileage you put on your machines. I know you're probably thinking right now to yourself why me ? or the bike wouldn't ever be the same... but the truth is..with time you will have your babylookinglike before, if not better. My RR has been out of commission for 6 months now going on 7 and its just now coming to a finish $2+k later. After laying it down, I set a mission to get it back up and better then before while using the off time to educate myself. Someone once told me...your bike is a tool that you use to better your riding and tools are going to show wear.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM

Definately glad your ok.......Did you have a ploice report or anything? I hope so for insurance......

Old 10-13-2008, 08:00 PM

Ch'mon Crash, you can't quit after that.
Look at it like this: If you drive, chances are you speed, therefore you WILL get a speeding ticket. If you drive, chances are you will make a mistake or not pay attention one time, therefore you WILL crash. Same applies on a bike. By riding, you WILL go down/crash/whatever at SOME time during your riding career. What happened wasn't a reason to quit riding, it was just a wreck, **** happens.

And look how miniscule it was. No broken bones, small rash according to you, maybe bumps and bruises from 70 MPH!!! Insurance is gonna cover bikes, you're all good man. You got a squeaky clean getaway from a possible fatal crash. That's not something we riders walk away from, that's something we look at in awe of the continued ability to KEEP riding

Quick Reply: Letting off steam!! (pics pg2,3,4)