Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lets see your local pub??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 05:14 AM
November 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets see your local pub??

Mate,in the pubs here ,you KEEP your Helmet on.........Lol

Old 12-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a huge difference between pubs here in the UK, my local the Dysart Arms is a lovely safe and gentle country pub with village regulars and others passing through ..of an evening its still very quiet and very civilised even on a Saturday night its a very pleasant place to go for a drink and kill an hour or two with friends ...

Now a few years ago going to pubs in Liverpool with my partner was a whole different ball game, we met up with some of his colleagues there for a drink ... he got picked on going to the bar by some lads because they felt he had brushed past them, it was impossible to get to the bar without brushing past people because its often shoulder to shoulder in these places ..he did say "sorry mate!!" but they wouldnt have it, it was just an excuse for a fight and one of them punched him straight in the face and started laying in to him, I was so shocked and just put myself between them but another lad punched me in the side of the head to get me off my partner I was trying to shield .. it was vague after that, I went very light headed and saw others join in and some came to our rescue after I was punched but then others started arguing that were not even involved, long story short we got advised to run while we could ..we did, police were called but its a complete waste of time trying sort victims from aggressors ..needless to say we stopped frequenting Liverpool after that

Inner city pubs and guys looking for fights ..not my scene at all ..lol

Jules

Old 12-13-2008, 05:56 AM
November 2009 ROTM

Rarely do the Pub scene anymore,too many young "Heroes".....But then i was never one for backing down lol.Trouble was ,with a few Lagers down me neck ,The English accent shone through making me a "Target".....Give me Dan Murphys anytime mate!
Re;Jules:Know what you mean ,i got bashed /mugged in Blackpool when i was 16.......

Old 12-13-2008, 05:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Holly **** Jules .... you took a thump to the head ??
Here in Aus ..an innocent girl gets hit ...15 guys at least would trash the bastard then call the ambulance ........ unreal missy..
I had always hoped that as a girl I wouldnt be struck in the first place but after seeing my boyfriend punched so hard in the face over nothing it was an auto reaction to put myself between them, it wasnt an accident either ..this guy came in deliberately to remove me from shielding my partner from the blows and he punched me in the side of the head real hard when I wouldnt let go of my boyfriend [] ..I remember feeling very dazed and shocked, and my own blood on my clothes ..seems in this day and age they dont care anymore, I was punched to the side of the head so hard I nearly went unconscious, then they shoved me so hard out the way I went reeling across tables ..not nice!!

I think I always thought that guys might get rowdy with each other but at least not hit the girl who was only trying to protect her boyfriend ..I never lashed out at all .. after others joined in to then help we got told to run while we could

Jules

Old 12-13-2008, 06:18 AM
November 2009 ROTM

I got Bitten in this Pub................

Old 12-13-2008, 06:33 AM
November 2009 ROTM

So true,like a cat pissin on its Territory.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

There is a huge difference between pubs here in the UK,

Inner city pubs and guys looking for fights ..not my scene at all ..lol

Jules
One of the worst places I went to was Birmingham in the UK...bloody hell what a bunch of drunks looking for trouble. People were stumbling out of these places three sheets to the wind [sm=partyparty.gif][sm=outcold.gif]

I remember thinking....hope they arent driving home [:-]

Quick Reply: Lets see your local pub??