Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lesson learnt.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 03:52 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lesson learnt.

So I've been having my F2 for sale a while now and actually got a buyer for it coming to fetch it this friday, so I've been having late nights at the garage not sleeping a full night sleep for a week trying to get everything sorted till that. I did a major service, changed oil (Castrol act>evo) changed oil filter, still got my hands all scraped up from changing the plugs, swapped air filter, did a thorough wash, cleaned and lubed the chain, got the front tire changed and balanced, opened and cleaned the carbs after finding out it doesn't run properly, basically jumping through every hoop to get the bike sold and be 100% that it leaves me in A1 condition, even threw the fabric panniers, tank bag and the navigator with the RAM handlebar mount on to sweeten the deal, basically spent 250eur of my own money for the service...

...only to have the a****pe bas***rd back out on me at the last second!!! I already have made a contract with a painter to paint the Triumph and can't back out on that so I guess I'm not ordering any Alfa parts anytime soon then!

Can tell you I'm ROYALLY pssed off ATM. and re-learned the ancient lesson, NEVER TRUST ANYONE UNTIL THE MONEY IS IN YOUR HAND!

Anyone want a fully serviced F2 with brand new front tire and tank full of gas, complete with bags and all, 1000eur, no reservations, buyer picks up from home. Migge?

Last edited by Mattson; 03-03-2015 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Well that sucks Matti,

I've been on a selling spree this past week - and every time I haven't taken the ad down until the items are paid for and picked up.

Hope you get a buyer quickly - or......................................

you may just have to keep it!

Cheers, SB

Old 03-03-2015, 04:36 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Well if it's not going with that price it's not going at all.

The thing is I just sold my sailkite and snowboard to get the money needed to paint the Triumph, it doesn't quite cut it so some of the money was coming from the cbr and the rest was going to order me 750eur worth of alfa parts after which I could sell the renault to get most of the losses back. now I have to spend all of the kite money and some of my own to get the parts painted and can't fix the alfa until the cbr is sold cause I naturally can't sell the renault until it gets too warm to be able to cope without a car for a while. Complicated I know and shouldn't lay everything on one link in a chain but i'm not made of money...

Old 03-06-2015, 06:22 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Did you do all of this work because the buyer asked you to or did it all need to be done to sell the bike regardless of the buyer? Cause it certainly won't hurt your ability to sell it now that its in excellent condition.

Old 03-07-2015, 12:19 AM

Well I WAS going to do the service anyway, although wasn't exactly planning to do it in that schedule as it forced me to do it at night to get it done in time, but I was NOT planning to change the front tire as that will count as total loss, the would-be buyer ordered that and no way I can get it back from anyone else. I don't know is it a bit too early yet since there's still snow on the ground or is it the 113tkm on the clock but even though it is the cheapest f2 in nettimoto ATM I've got zero contacts after the douche pulled an old one on me. Should have followed my instinct and say I will change the tire as soon as the money for it shows in my account but the schedule was so tight the bank transfer would have not arrived in time...

Last edited by Mattson; 03-07-2015 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:36 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Well hopefully the new front tire is a big helper when it comes time to sell

Old 03-09-2015, 10:46 PM

Don't know if it was or wasn't but the bike's gone. Almost an act of charity with the price it went but I need the cash way more than I need two bikes and as I wrote into the f2 side it is equally important to me whom I sold it to. A 19 yr old cap headed badazz-hoodie wannabe stunter would have not left here with the bike at the price it was sold.

Next stop ricambi.alfisti.net right after I've electrocuted the cash.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:33 AM
exf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah that sucks ***.. But the spring is just coming so i guess the buyers are coming too.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:55 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you got a pice you're happy with Matti.

Old 03-10-2015, 03:24 AM

Meh, truth be told I was hoping for a few hundred more but because of the depression it's the buyer's market here so there are a TON of F2:s out there so you have to stand out, and since the full service didn't do the trick or throwing a full bag set on the deal (can't use them on the 'tona anyway) I had to let it go at a silly low price of 900.

...but I'm sure it all fades quickly once the summer starts properly and I get to choose either the bike or the droptop to go with Just out of curiosity I took a look at nettiauto to see what prices the spiders go at if I would try changing that too to something more sensible but it seems they do not move at all, the same cars are for sale by the same sellers as was about six months ago and they all are either cheaper than what I paid, less driven or both! So now that I'm getting rid of all the clutter it seems to be the most sensible solution to drive the heck out of them both myself as they aren't getting much cheaper anymore if I'd keep them for a few more years, resist the wrench bug and actually enjoy well repaired functioning vehicles for a change.

Quick Reply: Lesson learnt.