Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

leather suit fitting

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather suit fitting

so i tried on a 1 peice suit for the first time today. i have a problem though. i think i have small arms lol

i am about 5 9 and 190-195 pounds, fat. lol

i tried on a frank thomas in 46 and the legs and torso seamed to fit snug but the arms were quiet large. very baggy elbow in wrong place. i am thinking with gloves on and on the bike the armor would be in the right place but it would still be baggy. cant this catch and cause you to tumbel?

i tried on the 44 and the crotch was to small lol, i could get one arm in but i did not put the second in because it felt if i got the second in it was not coming out with out someone helping me. if i put it in i could more than likley zip it but it would be tight. the arm that was in fit much better than the 46.

i also tryed a 44 dainese laguna suit. wow much smaller than a FT. no way i was getting in to that. the legs fit but the torso was not happening.

anyone have any suggestions? could i get the arms tailored? would that be expensive?

are there any suites that are smalle in the arms?

any help would be great thanks

Old 07-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: leather suit fitting

Keep trying, all makers are different in size = arms, waist, legs etc. Tailored is great, but more expensive (usually) but fit is spot on (if you don't eat more or go on a diet). Why a 1 piece? I have leather pants & jacket that zip together, very handy.

Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: leather suit fitting

Yeah, you're going to have to keep trying different suits and sizes till you get a comfortable one....OR how about losing some weight?! lol

My 1 piece fits almost perfect. It's just a bit long on the arms, but it's great.