Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Layed it down : (

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmclmorrow
thats a bummer at least your fine, the bike can be fixed.

on a side note, I have those same exact grips sitting on my desk that I have yet to put on. In your opinion are they better than the stock ones, comfy wise and vibration reducing wise? Also, if I hold them up next to each other(holes facing me) one hole is slightly larger than the other...was yours like this?

I think the one is larger for the throttle tube but idk I didn't look at them when I shoved them on lol. Also, they are too long to use with the bar ends so you either have to cut the ends of the grips off or not use the bar ends. I currently don't have one of the right side since I lost that one for the second time.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wait, you get to look at new fairings?

Blessing in disguise, methinks...

Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

chuckbear- I agree. Itll be about 2 months before i can get them but its still good to know the option is no there. So ill be selling these ones purtty soon.

Jmclmorrow-The guy i bought the bike from had them on there so i dunno about why one is slightly bigger. As far as comfort they are okay. If for some reason you dont wear gloves you will want to start as they can give a nasty blister just holding it in one place for a extended time. I havent had other grips on it so i cant say if it reduces more vibration or not. Sorry

Destructo- very true. I would rather fix my bike then have someone fix my leg or worse.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:05 AM

little off point put after i put down my 954, it took me two trys and cursing to get it back up.. although my knees and ankles were pretty messsed up..

Old 01-09-2010, 07:02 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Originally Posted by Krux
How did you manage to pick that bike up. There heavy as hell once they fall over.
All kinds of youtube videos on the technique. Here's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4MPyX0QCYw

Old 01-09-2010, 07:19 AM

suddenly i feel weak (im bout 200 pounds 6'2" tall in good shape) and i know that bike was heavier than mine was. but i didnt quite get mine up like that.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Administrator - Retired

Sorry to hear about yer fall, Fenatic..
Glad you're ok, man.

As far as pickin' up bikes, the 1000F is MUCH more fun to pick up.... lol..
About 125lbs more fun than an F2.

New KLRs are a joy to pick up, too. Real high center of gravity. 432lbs wet feels like.....well.... 432lbs wet.
(Still better than the 550-560lb 1000F, tho)

I've never used that technique from the video. Just pretty much grab the bars head on and try to use my legs.
I'll have to remember to try it like they did in the vid. She made that chit look easy.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Glad you're ok, man.

New KLRs are a joy to pick up, too. Real high center of gravity. 432lbs wet feels like.....well.... 432lbs wet.

I've never used that technique from the video. Just pretty much grab the bars head on and try to use my legs.
I'll have to remember to try it like they did in the vid. She made that chit look easy.
Hmm... should we be worried that you're always having to pick up your cane ("cane" as in Hurricane and not that thing you prolly need to walk with). Don't we keep telling the new guys "keep the rubber side down!

Need an arrow with really big print on the tires saying "THIS SIDE DOWN" eh trout?

Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Glad you're ok, man.

Haha my dad has a cane and it was knocked over in a parking lot he said he almost wanted to just leave it till then next day and get some rest. haha

Im going to keep the video in mind but i hope i never have to use it.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Administrator - Retired

Dammit, Kuro, it was all hypothetical...
I meant it would "probably" be much more fun to have to pick up a 1000F... .. (twice)

Same with the KLR. lol.. (I have full crash bars on that beeeatch. You know, just in case I were to ever drop it.........more than twice)

Y'all act like you've never pretended to drop a bike before...

Seriously, in my defense, I've never actually laid the CBR down at speed. Once, I bailed because some woman in an SUV tried to cream me at a stop sign..... and the other time was on my porch being a jackass. Neither hurt anything but my pride and protector covers. The 1000F has protectors (parts of frame that protrude to protect the plastics in a drop). They work. Not a scratch on my plastics at all. You pay $20 for a new plastic protector cover that pops in over the frame protrusion. They're all the same color, too... blitz gray metallic. (must have been traumatic for me to remember the color!...lol)
Side covers are all black and cost about $30.
Cool! $50 per drop! lol...

But seriously, I didn't think it was too terribly hard to pick up either time. Takes a little grunt, though....

Quick Reply: Layed it down : (