Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Layed it down : (

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Layed it down : (

So i was coming home from walmart and there is a section of s shaped road. I got through the first corner and then went to go lean the other way and two black males walked in front of me. I freaked and hit the brakes and it layed over. I slid for about 10 feet. Got up and the two guys were running away. No one was around so i picked up my bike tried to start it for about 5 mins and finally it started. Drove it home and checked myself for rash and im good. Thank you GEAR!!!!

The brake lever is bent and some of the tabs busted off.

Both mirrors are trashed and the throttle is jammed a little

Broke some of the tabs on the other side too! I dunno how

Old 01-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh I am very sorry to hear that ... any laying down of a bike is a real downer but it sounds like you are fine and the bike really isn't too bad ... sure you will have her fixed up nice again soon, good luck and take care!! :-)

Jules

Old 01-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Jules. At least you're alright and the bike really doesn't look too bad... just the mirrors and some cosmetic stuff on the fairings...

If you wanted, you could probably try to re-make your tabs with some fiberglass and resin and the rest of the scuffs shouldn't be too bad to sand down, throw on some body filler and repaint.

I'm sure it sucks, but all in all you're not too bad off.

edit: And a new front brake lever

Last edited by chuckbear; 01-07-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What kinda stuff were you wearin?

Old 01-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a F2 .

Sorry to hear that bud. Glad to hear your all good. How did you manage to pick that bike up. There heavy as hell once they fall over.

Side note if you don't mind what kind of seat is that?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Default good on ya!!

the important thing here is that you are okay. those guys have their heads shoved way up their third point of contact to just run away. i layed down my 96' katana 600 once, and if your f2 is as heavy as that i say good on ya. ha ha took a little grunting im sure. not even gonna lie i farted for extra boost but i got er up ha ha.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey bro, glad you're right. Seems like you and me just can't keep the paint on our bikes. Good thing we're the ones who paint them

What were you using for gear, especially in the leg department. Throttle, you might have given the clipon a bad whack to mess that up. Bent mine during my little lowside so I get to replace it.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RC000E and Kuroshio - I have a Joe Rocket UFO 2.0 jacket and i have ICON pursuit gloves. For shoes i was wearing my adios and for my pants they are jeans from american eagle. They are kinda scuffed but still wearable. My helmet is a cyber and it just got a small scratch. I just got the gloves for x-mas and if i didnt have them my knuckles would be pretty messed up.

Kuroshio- I know what you mean. Seems like we just cant keep em pretty for long! lol Although the new wife just gave the go ahead to start looking at new fairings on ebay.

maineiack- I didnt know if i was going to be able to lift it at first but i did. Adrenaline was flowing so that helped.

Krux- I have no idea what kinda seat it is. It came with the bike and i hate it. It looks fugly but serves its purpose. I was going to replace it but now money must go else where. lol

chuckbear- Ya i still have fiberglass and bondo bodyfiller left over from the last repairs. haha this will be the third repair since july of last year. haha Kuroshio and i are pros at it by now. lol

Ive thought about selling it and just saving for a newer honda but i cant part with my F2. I think its a keeper for life and ill slowly restore it to its natural beauty.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 AM

As I have learned recently, the main thing is that you are OK. Fixing up a bike is a pain in the **** and an expense none of us need, but it's nothing compared to the injuries you could have sustained! (or worse).

Old 01-08-2010, 07:02 AM

thats a bummer at least your fine, the bike can be fixed.

on a side note, I have those same exact grips sitting on my desk that I have yet to put on. In your opinion are they better than the stock ones, comfy wise and vibration reducing wise? Also, if I hold them up next to each other(holes facing me) one hole is slightly larger than the other...was yours like this?

Quick Reply: Layed it down : (