Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

lane splitting

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lane splitting

Freaky...this exact argument took place a few months ago: two or three or four people angered and astonished at the confession of some donkey-face that he was proud and repetitive in his behavior of blocking splitters...a little too coincidental?! Maybe, but I'll have to find that thread...in the mean time, if you're unlucky enough to find yourself in UT--don't split lanes--Bubba Joe Animal-killer will run you down in his smoke-stacked, turbo diesel...

EDIT: That was fast...it's from Nov, and the feminine hygiene pad gets wetter and wetter starting on page 2. The exact same argument.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I lane split walking thru the mall to bypass all the freaky teenagers.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I do the same thing and even found myself making engine noises and shifting...LOL

Old 04-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

I do the same thing and even found myself making engine noises and shifting...LOL
lmao me too, makes em move out of the way even more lol

Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Banned

^^^hilarious!^^^ I will have to try that!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 AM

This is funny as hell. The arguement FOR lane splitting (actually, I was saying I was against those who ride the side of the highway illegally because they can't wait legally like everyone else, and that applies to both cars and bikes) is that it keeps a fuel efficient vehicle from wasting gas. The arguement against is that it is illegal. Hmmm, which one is is a more valid reason? Oh, love the sidewalk and hall monitor comments. too bad I am nor do either. sorry to burst your bubbles. I just happen to have a wife and two kids and don't need some asshat who is doing something illegal to put me or my family in any more danger than necessary.

Some of you ****ing morons continue to say it doesn't bother anyone. keep thinking that dip****s... Many people will hit the brakes when someone cuts in front of them from a place that they shouldn't have been in the first place. I have witnessed an accident like this on the highway, so I know it happens. Someone gets startled that a bike suddenly cuts over and they hit their brakes causing everyone else to do the same. And you guys do illegal **** and all wonder why the cops look at you like they do?

Hell, I almost killed some **** on a bike on Monday. I was heading back to work from lunch doing a bit over 65 and I was coming up on a car I needed to pass. Almost moved over when this guy comes flying past me so fastI couldn't even figure out what color his bike was, let alone get a make or plate number. If I would have moved to pass this guy would have been splattered on my tailgate. It's people doing crap like this that pisses me off to no end. If you need to go that fast or get somewhere that soon, either leave earlier or go to the track.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

Yeah, waiting a light is ok. But sitting in traffic that moves about 15 feet every 30 seconds sucks.
I agree 100% I had that happen on the freeway last week on the way to work. I thought I hated bad traffic in my car, but on the bike it's down right hell!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

This is funny as hell. The arguement FOR lane splitting (actually, I was saying I was against those who ride the side of the highway illegally because they can't wait legally like everyone else, and that applies to both cars and bikes) is that it keeps a fuel efficient vehicle from wasting gas. The arguement against is that it is illegal. Hmmm, which one is is a more valid reason? Oh, love the sidewalk and hall monitor comments. too bad I am nor do either. sorry to burst your bubbles. I just happen to have a wife and two kids and don't need some asshat who is doing something illegal to put me or my family in any more danger than necessary.

Some of you ****ing morons continue to say it doesn't bother anyone. keep thinking that dip****s... Many people will hit the brakes when someone cuts in front of them from a place that they shouldn't have been in the first place. I have witnessed an accident like this on the highway, so I know it happens. Someone gets startled that a bike suddenly cuts over and they hit their brakes causing everyone else to do the same. And you guys do illegal **** and all wonder why the cops look at you like they do?

Hell, I almost killed some **** on a bike on Monday. I was heading back to work from lunch doing a bit over 65 and I was coming up on a car I needed to pass. Almost moved over when this guy comes flying past me so fastI couldn't even figure out what color his bike was, let alone get a make or plate number. If I would have moved to pass this guy would have been splattered on my tailgate. It's people doing crap like this that pisses me off to no end. If you need to go that fast or get somewhere that soon, either leave earlier or go to the track.
So are you saying it's just cars and bikes trying to pass you on the shoulder that gets you upset, or lanesplitting, period?
Regardless, I don't follow your argument about safety, if you think running somebody off the road is going to make your family safer (and when did THAT become legal?) you can take all of your own expletives and apply them to yourself. I have never tried to pass somebody on the shoulder and never would do so, but I wouldn't take it upon myself to be judge jury and executioner for anybody that did. Certainly not with my family in a car with me! WTF?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:25 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

I understand now. You just have a bad case of road rage. You worry about everyone else and upsets you to the point that you have to break the law to prove your point. It's OK

And by the way Ohio's interstate speed limit is 65mph so if you were doing a bit over 65 you were breaking the law. So it's ok for you to break laws but not other people? Also you should of left earlier so you didn't have to speed, where you trying to pass him on the left or right? Cause we all know laws don't apply to you.