Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lane Splitting

Old 07-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lane Splitting

Listen Just asking for opitions here. I was stuck in traffic all day and could not help myself but lane split to the front all day Im a a d!2k or NO.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Yes, yes you are, but I have done it before when in a hurry so I can't say to much. Ever been in a car, and sat, and watched someone on a bike splittin lanes ?? Pisses you off real good lol !!

Old 07-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered Users

ya I kinda felt like a dick but it also felt so right at the same time lmao

Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been in the car when my buddy split lanes in an STi so be assured that there are people who have done crazier things. Just don't get carried away with it is all. I had a coworker last year who told me he wanted to cut off bikes that split lanes and keep in mind that there are probably plenty of people out there who have the same mentality and just might be having a bad enough day.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:15 PM

Is it leagl to do where you live? Its legal here in cali so im splitting all day every day. At a stop its better to split to the front anyways rather than risk being rear ended.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:35 PM
June 2011 ROTM

Its not legal here in Ohio. Lane splitting doesnt really screw everyone else over so I dont see why they get so mad.
I have heard people make similar comments about cutting off riders that are lane splitting.
My Grandfather used to zip up the emergency lane during stand still traffic in the buick lol.
The only thing that pisses me off is the guy that sees the lane closed sign, rides all the way up to where the road is closed passing half a mile worth of jammed up traffic, then sits there with their turn signal on. Fck that guy

Old 07-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Administrator - Retired

If it's legal where you are, then by all means..... enjoy your lane splitting.
I don't see why people would get pizzed off about it, but they do. I think it's the mentality of "me first! me first!" like you're butting in line.

Everything I've read says that it's no more or less safe (statistically) than regular riding, and if it was leading to more accidents....... I wouldn't think that Kali (of all places) would allow it.
Heck, over in europe/japan/etc (where it's legal) they generally don't even have as wide of travel lanes as we do here in the US. Kinda odd how people seem to hate the idea of it over here. We suck. lol...

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 07-27-2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 PM

how fast where you going?

Old 07-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Do it all day, everyday. One of the main reasons to have a bike in SoCal.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by raylee
I've been in the car when my buddy split lanes in an STi so be assured that there are people who have done crazier things. Just don't get carried away with it is all. I had a coworker last year who told me he wanted to cut off bikes that split lanes and keep in mind that there are probably plenty of people out there who have the same mentality and just might be having a bad enough day.

My daughter's mother told her that when she sees a motorcycle doing that, that she should fling open her door in front of the bike. My daughter is 12 and and she said that her mother told her to do this, at 12!! So now my daughter thinks this is a good idea. I tried talking to her about it, but she said her mom said it ok.........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lane Splitting