Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

landlord trampiling upon my rights

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: landlord trampiling upon my rights

Yeah but i would've put it away anyway. Not a good idea to leave guns out really

Old 09-02-2008, 08:29 PM

Well I am a landlord and I've evicted people a few different times. One thing I know for sure. Your lease aggreement is only good for things that are NOT covered by the law. If the law affords you rights then nothing in that aggreement can take those rights away from you. The judge will strike from the aggreement anything that contradicts your rights under the law. Now had your landlord saw illegal drugs or something like that.... then he might have an issue....But if there is no law where you live forbidding you having a gun by your bed then your landlord is trying to illegally push his anti-gun agenda on you. Personally I would hope he does try to evict you on those grounds, He'll wind up paying you and your attorney.........However on the flip side..... dont get cocky with him because its not real hard to find a legitimate reason to evict someone!!!

Good luck!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 08:31 PM

Why not just tell them its in the safe and keep it in a more hidden but easily accesable(sp) place

End of story... everyone's happy

Old 09-02-2008, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Rod38um

Well I am a landlord and I've evicted people a few different times. One thing I know for sure. Your lease aggreement is only good for things that are NOT covered by the law.
Really? My girlfriend and I have been refused to rent here in the bible belt twice because we weren't married...our lifestyle was apparently against their religious views. Wouldn't that be discrimination of some sort? I didn't really care, **** em. Maybe there's a loophole for something like that

Old 09-02-2008, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Aweasel

Well I am a landlord and I've evicted people a few different times. One thing I know for sure. Your lease aggreement is only good for things that are NOT covered by the law.
Really? My girlfriend and I have been refused to rent here in the bible belt twice because we weren't married...our lifestyle was apparently against their religious views. Wouldn't that be discrimination of some sort? I didn't really care, **** em. Maybe there's a loophole for something like that
YES, that is discrimination, furthermore, it goes against the Fair Housing Act.
(Gogle Fair Housing and you'll see.) They are violating FEDERAL LAW if they are denying you housing just because they disagree with your "marital (roommate) arangement"

Old 09-02-2008, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

ORIGINAL: Aweasel

YES, that is discrimination, furthermore, it goes against the Fair Housing Act.
(Gogle Fair Housing and you'll see.) They are violating FEDERAL LAW if they are denying you housing just because they disagree with your "marital (roommate) arangement"
If they deny you for that reason, then yes but you can deny anyone you want if you take enough applications, which I always do, Last time I took 26 applications and picked the best one out of the bunch, I would never tell someone why I denied them, only that I chose a more "qualified applicant".
Just for information purposes....out of that 26, only one was employed, one was a group of college kids and 24 were on SSI for some reason or other and none were of retirement age and all seemed able bodied.......They must be handing that stuff out like its free or something........Oh wait, when we pay for it, it is free, huh?..........LOL No wonder its running out......

Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

and it wasnt a repair man it was the land lord, i was present. ussaly it is coverd by a sheet and just looks like an extra sheet on the side of the bed but i cleaned it and moved the sheet.
OK, I hear ya. Still, for a shottie, there is a bar system that mounts into studs on your wall, and a swing bar that covers the firearm and the bolts, essentially, almost like the racks you see in police cruisers, low-profile ect......really, the easiest way is to just run a cable lock through the action, it takes no time or effort to make your weapon ready. What I worry about most is if someone were to break into my home when I wasn't there, and use one of my firearms to do wrong. If it were at least locked, you took reasonable measures to safeguard against improper use and that would hold up.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think they can tell you wtf to do with your stuff regardless if its their house or not. Sue them is what ya do lol.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 PM

hahah the boys that said sue em, yu god damn right i would have lol. i contact the nra and they would provide a lawyer, one that makes hundreeds of thousands a year, and would do my case for free bcuz it would be a tax right off as a service to the NRA lol. "GOD BLESS AMERICA" im atheist so i put it in quotes.

shocktropp, the bar thing would be a great idea... but im pretty sure bolt through there wall paper would **** em off.... and yea i got grandmas wall paper in there lol.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:05 PM

o and everyones talking about illegal things... i have nothing illegal.... maybe xcept a bottle of ibprophin (800s)that is labled to someone else, lol but i scrathed the name off it.

Quick Reply: landlord trampiling upon my rights