Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"KNEE SAIL'N"

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 02:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "KNEE SAIL'N"

Ahoy!!!!! It's usualy windy, where I ride, so give this a try... first determine which direction, it's(wind) come'n from. For best effect, left or right, from centerline. OK, now hoist a knee out, pointing into the wind. FOR ME (disclaimer), it steadys the bike, like a sea anchor !!!!!!
I notice my bike will generaly sit back up, more verticle...and blow around less. I even exagerate the splay, by pointing my toe outward, finding the best angle to "sail" w/ !!!!!!! Semi's are alot of wierd wake... so watch it.

"Knee sailing", will decrease speed and gas mileage, and knee grip(control) through the tank. On the up side, it does speed up turn in, and some say...have'n your toe slider out a bit is a good gauge, before you hit the "hero blobs", on the bottom of your peg. Also a good position for wieghting a peg, for leverage, on turn in. All typical knee dragg'n tech.

Now, the real joy... A/C , for the saddly lacking airflow areas !!!!!!!!!!!!!, cooling you (them) right off !!!! I am one of a small number of gifted riders, whos'e knees, are ambidextriase too !!!!!! ( I are, so talented !!!!!!!!!) Give it a try. It does change bike stability, but is based low, closer to the CG., than your body, arms or head, so it works well for me. I would caution new riders... to get good at bike control, before trying this... as it is "different feeling and acting" Clean and free Ripp'n

Old 10-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "KNEE SAIL'N"

Yeah, it certainly does work. I've messed around with that a few times, just screwing around, and it does give drag to one side. Also, sitting straight up slows you down big time too.