Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Kinda weird...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinda weird...

So I had an experience Friday night and I thought I'd write a descriptive little short about it. It's not supposed to be anything special, but once I started writing about it and reliving the experience, it was kinda fun.

IThe story is I spooked myself pretty bad the other night. I was coming into a tight curve which was the beginingpoint of a clover system in our area. It's always a fun ride, but I scared the **** outta myself on it Friday night and it was the reason I had this experience to write about.

Anyway, after I read what I had wrote, it was kinda fun because as I read it, I could feel it all over again. I figured maybe some of you have made a similar mistake or something before and learned something from it. I know I did. It was also one of the most exhilerating experiences I've had in a long time. I can't remember the last time my heart rate jumped so high so quickly and just an explosion of adrenaline. It was a learning experience anyhow and I thought I'd share it cause I liked it.

So I had gotten some new tires on my bike the other day and once I broke 'em in I decided to give 'em hell.

I was hitting the highways pretty hard and decided to test the tires out on the clovers (St. Joseph people). I was coming from I-29 S and starting the clover on US 36 E. I didn't realize it until it was almost too late, but I was coming in real hot and instinct made me look right where I was headed - I just ****ing knew this was it,

"I am going to lay my bike over right now at 70MPH. This is the one... ****"

I said **** it. I took my fingers off the brake , dropped my *** off the side, stuck my knee out and slowly twisted the throttle. Eyes fixed on the apex, I forget about laying it over and focus on using every sqaure milimeter of real eastate on that bike. halfway through the throttle in 3rd gear and I can tell now, this bike is not only going make this curve, it's gonna ****ing eat it up. Sounds become faint in the blurring background, here comes the apex...

As soon as I see the exit I start rolling on the throttle. Rear suspension compressing, forks becoming lighter. I feel the positive G-forces in my hips, then my stomach, then my shoulders and neck, my helmet feeling like a brick. Halfway through the throttle in 3rd gear, my knee hovering over the ashphalt.

Wide open throttle now, merging onto US 36 E. Traffic is non-existent, my body in a full tuck. I make it into 4th gear one second before reaching the off-ramp to I-29 N and downshifting at about 11K RPM's... the bike screams. I barely touch the throttle now and Toxie feels like she's going to take flight.

This bike is amazing and having this experience and others first hand, I will never doubt her again. Every time I have put her to the test, she comes back with more than I can handle. This was the single-most satisfying moment of owning a motorcycle thus far, and I can't wait for the next.

I love you, Toxie.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Banned
Default RE: Kinda weird...

Here's the clover.

Name:  untitled-6.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  145.6 KB

Old 06-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...that was such aboring post...i will recommend that it gets deleted asap.

for the masses...a rider's ability will be much less than that of a bike...so trust your bike...but not yourself!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Banned

Haha, what a dick! It's alright though, told you it was a weird one.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Muahahhahaha....it was fun being a cack...glad you enjoyed it!

Old 06-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Banned

I am going to lay my bike over right now at 70MPH. This is the one... ****"
Mainstream America loves loud Harleys riden by helmetless tattoo wanabee outlaws. People hate sportbikes because some of us view public roads as our playground.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Banned

I don't feel as if the streets are my playground...

But the world sure as hell is. I got my ticket, I'm riding this bitch.