Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Kimbo Slice got smacked a little

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kimbo Slice got smacked a little

done

Old 10-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our society is messed up because people don't like Kimbo?

Fact is, from a different angle other than the main camera at the fight he got punched in the eye, not poked. He then sustained quite a few hard looping punches. He was tko'd, which is why for about 10 seconds after the fight was called he was trying to shoot on and take down the referee. He would have beaten Shamrock, there is no question. You don't believe Kimbo is a joke? It was leaked that Petruzelli was offered a doubling of his salary to not try to take Kimbo down, but only stand with him. That's called fight fixing. People aren't hating on Kimbo because of his background. I rooted for him to do well in MMA, but I was realistic. They keep throwing cans at him for God's sake. Bo Cantrell? A nearly 50 year old Tank Abbott? Proverbial glass-chinned James Thompson who actually beat Kimbo, the fight just wasn't called. And then they set him up with Shamrock who hasn't won a fight in nearly SIX YEARS.

Brock Lesnar on the other hand requested that the best be thrown at him and they have been, hence his getting beaten by a simple heel hook in his first fight by a former champion.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoshino

Fact is, from a different angle other than the main camera at the fight he got punched in the eye, not poked. He then sustained quite a few hard looping punches. He was tko'd, which is why for about 10 seconds after the fight was called he was trying to shoot on and take down the referee. He would have beaten Shamrock, there is no question. You don't believe Kimbo is a joke? It was leaked that Petruzelli was offered a doubling of his salary to not try to take Kimbo down, but only stand with him. That's called fight fixing. People aren't hating on Kimbo because of his background. I rooted for him to do well in MMA, but I was realistic. They keep throwing cans at him for God's sake. Bo Cantrell? A nearly 50 year old Tank Abbott? Proverbial glass-chinned James Thompson who actually beat Kimbo, the fight just wasn't called. And then they set him up with Shamrock who hasn't won a fight in nearly SIX YEARS.

Brock Lesnar on the other hand requested that the best be thrown at him and they have been, hence his getting beaten by a simple heel hook in his first fight by a former champion.
Not all all what I meant. I was saying our society is jacked because of us being prejudice(not speaking in racial terms). I agree, Kimbo lost the fight fair and square. I just think its very simple, and close minded for people to HATE someone without knowing them. Thats all my point really was. It sometimes bothers me that the majority will never be happy for a **** for making a come up in the world. Instead we say I hate him because.......... Also, regardless of the status of the fighter Kimbo beat, they were all trained in MMA, and he whooped all of their asses. Thompson, did not actually beat him. Some may say the ref stopped it early, but he was going down anyway. Fact of the matter is, he knocked their asses out. Kimbo is of no relation to me, and I really wont lose sleep now that he lost. I am just proud to see a black man come from poor to rich without doing what society expects us to do. I hope no one takes it the wrong way. I am not anti-white by any means, just pro black.

And yes, Brock Lesnar asked for the best, and lost his first fight. Who will want to see him fight again? What smart manager will throw hisfighter withzero experience in to fight the best? That was a retarded move. He hasnt made any real money in the sport, and probably wont until he proves hes something people want to see. Its called marketing. Why was Floyd Mayweather able to retire at 30? He was able to market himself by talking big **** to anyone before he kicked their ***. Im sure thats what Kimbo was attmepting when he turned his back on Shamrock during the weigh in. Did I think he would have beaten Shamrock? Who knows? I just wanted to see a good fight, and only got 14 seconds. It was really 12 though. I know at any given moment, a punch can be thrown and the fight can be over. Big or small, all men can fall!!

Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 PM

i'm sorry but that looked fake as hell....

Old 10-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: doogstar

ORIGINAL: Hoshino

Not all all what I meant. I was saying our society is jacked because of us being prejudice(not speaking in racial terms). I agree, Kimbo lost the fight fair and square. I just think its very simple, and close minded for people to HATE someone without knowing them. Thats all my point really was. It sometimes bothers me that the majority will never be happy for a **** for making a come up in the world. Instead we say I hate him because.......... Also, regardless of the status of the fighter Kimbo beat, they were all trained in MMA, and he whooped all of their asses. Thompson, did not actually beat him. Some may say the ref stopped it early, but he was going down anyway. Fact of the matter is, he knocked their asses out. Kimbo is of no relation to me, and I really wont lose sleep now that he lost. I am just proud to see a black man come from poor to rich without doing what society expects us to do. I hope no one takes it the wrong way. I am not anti-white by any means, just pro black.

And yes, Brock Lesnar asked for the best, and lost his first fight. Who will want to see him fight again? What smart manager will throw hisfighter withzero experience in to fight the best? That was a retarded move. He hasnt made any real money in the sport, and probably wont until he proves hes something people want to see. Its called marketing. Why was Floyd Mayweather able to retire at 30? He was able to market himself by talking big **** to anyone before he kicked their ***. Im sure thats what Kimbo was attmepting when he turned his back on Shamrock during the weigh in. Did I think he would have beaten Shamrock? Who knows? I just wanted to see a good fight, and only got 14 seconds. It was really 12 though. I know at any given moment, a punch can be thrown and the fight can be over. Big or small, all men can fall!!
There is no prejudice in this case. Nobody actually hates Kimbo, they may dislike him but that is different. People don't hate him because he's gotten some success, that's a ridiculous statement. Being trained in MMA doesn't make you a good fighter. Bo Cantrell is a joke in the MMA world and Tank Abbott hasn't been a serious fighter for something like 8-10 years. Being trained doesn't overcome what age and abuse does to a body like Tank has done to his.

Thompson put Kimbo down on the ground and punched him in the face for something like 20-30 seconds at the end of the round. In any other fight, that is stopped at around the 5 second mark because the individual taking the beating has to prove he is able to defend himself. Kimbo just took the shots. He lost the fight, and it was shamefully called because Thompson's ear popped. That and his infamous glass chin, but that's another story. I'm fine with a black man/woman or any race man or woman succeed, that's great. However, saying you are pro one race in particular is racism. His being black doesn't mean he has less of a chance of success in MMA, some of the best and most respected fighters in the sport are black or other minority.

Who will want to see Brock fight again? Are you aware of the massive numbers he drew in his last fight against 50+ fight veteran and serious fighter Heath Herring? I advise checking them out. A massive amount of people want to see him fight because he's exciting. I like how you say he hadn't made any money in the sport. You're aware he made 450 thousand dollars for just the Herring fight, right? Not to mention the next UFC with him fighting Randy Couture is expected to set all time sales records.

I appreciate that you like and support Kimbo. I was excited to hear he was coming in to MMA, but not to fight guys that were set up just to lose. And for the record, I lost money on the Kimbo/Petruzelli fight and I'm white.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:28 PM

Im not sure people here are hating on him. Because people say he wontmount to anything in the UFC doesnt mean people hate him. I dont think he will ever be a contender in the UFC, doesnt mean I hate the guy. UFC is just not his thing. Hes at an age where its going to be very hard to train to be an MMA fighter. Kimbo is more of a tough man competition fighter.

Plain and simple, he is a modern day Tank Abbot. I dont hate Kimbo, but I do think he needs to move onto another sport, maybe become the next Butterbean. he needs to move onto something while his name is still big. if he stays in this sport, he will just be a memory as no one will pay to see him fight anymore no-name people. If they want people to watch Kimbo, he will have to step up and fight a real fighter...which he can't win.

I think as a last resort in the sport, he needs to fight Shamrock.. which after this performance, Shamrock destroys him.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 PM

i think shamrock would have won, wish he could have fought... gud job seth, you can start making a name for yourself now.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:55 PM

ok fine.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:08 AM

Apparently EliteXC tried fixing the fight in Kimbos favor by bribing Seth to stand up and trade punches with him instead of taking it to the ground. Looks like it backfired on them.

http://mmamania.com/2008/10/06/seth-...bo-slice-down/

Old 10-10-2008, 02:42 AM

Kimbo will never make it to the UFC. period.

Quick Reply: Kimbo Slice got smacked a little