Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Kia, our new puppy, had to go back

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
rmr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a sad story

Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 AM

[quote=LJ Harp;1008306]its up to his wife to name the dog and I think kia is a great name to go with kai.

quote]

I agree its up to his wife and that kai is a great name and I thnink Kuro knows that im not telling him what to do that was just my 2 cents ....

Just seems like it would bring up good/sad memories with the name but hey its not my dog...

Old 01-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spoke to the breeder today to update them on Kia and to ask about Sandy (the 1st puppy's original name). The breeder was extremely apologetic about initially dismissing our concerns as transitioning troubles. They took Sandy to their vet and he was very concerned with what he saw. On top of the mystery illness, they saw behavioral issues that we had also noted. Sandy could be extremely assertive at times, once biting Kai's nose and attempting to hold on. Their vet saw the same thing when she did it to the brother remaining at the kennel. Sandy also bit one of the breeder's assistants, hard enough to draw blood. Their vet is concerned about neurological issues now. And the breeder stated Sandy would not be adopted out anytime soon, going to live with one of her assistants until they got a handle on all her issues.

Kia, on the other hand, is getting a DAP collar around her neck as soon as I get a 2nd pair of hands to help hold a wriggling puppy (mimics pheromones from her mother to help calm her). We have some Nutri-Stat to help supplement her meals until she starts eating regularly (they free fed their pups at the kennel). And prolly getting a dose of Capstar since she's scratching a lot

And she's a natural born escape artist. Had her and her crate in the ex-pen. Went out to the car to get something from it. When I came in, she was standing on top of her crate, trying to decide whether to jump for it over the ex-pen.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Caught the little b!tch at it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1swCGy6mc4

So I took her crate out of the exercise pen that way she couldn't use it as a step ladder

She's also found a way to twist herself thru the baby gate we used on the stairs / bathroom door. So far the crate is the only thing that can hold her. Took her 3 days to figure this crap out

Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 AM

great vids lol, she should make for a great dog once a little more matured!

Old 01-29-2011, 07:24 AM

Our boxer puppy is an escape artist too. Funny little buggers when it happens. Spins you out when you think, "hey, I just put you in there and how did you get out so quick?" You never seem to catch them in the act unless you hide and spy on them.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:49 AM

I know we talked about it on the phone bud, but again sucks to read.

I could see there potentially being an issue - she was really going after Kai and Kane a few times.

I can't get those pictures up like I said off this computer, so I need to maybe use the Wench's or something - those pics of Kai and Kane are too good not to share.

Anyways looking forward to seeing pics of the new Kia.