Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just my opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just my opinion

first off hey people's,lol,,,,,,,,like i said when i joined here,ive been readin alot in these forums here...im 42 yrs old with a wife and kid..my first bike was a v 40 mag honda .the next one was an ol 700 intersepter(which i bought blowed up and in a thousand piece's)never the less after i got it back togethere i didnt respect it(yes young and dumb)so did the right thing and got rid of it.that was 12 -14 yrs ago ..............

the last 5 yrs or so ,all my buddy's has bike's(mostley harley's,lol)one of them just happened to have a 05 1krr,,took it down the road,opened it up comin back,,i said ****ttttttttttt,,what a friggin rush,loool.......nothing like the cruser's ive rode..so i ended up buyin it...

ive really enjoyed ridin this bike,which leads me to say,for those that say get a 250cc or so and start on it,,bull do bro's.......................

if u do ,,you'll be very dissapointed,,,,power- means = respect it...

if u get on a 100cc bike and give it all its got every time u pull out,,sooner or later its going to bite ya hard.....

all in all bro's,,respect your bike when ridein,,,,its not the bike that will kill u,,,IT'S YOU.....ride safe bro's

dont want to step on anyone's toes here at all..but if your ever in wv and see a 1krr west cbr going under the speed limit..that probably be me...
,,(yeah im old and dumb now).....

Old 03-22-2009, 06:10 AM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very, uh, well said.
A machine of that capability demands respect.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Endless
very, uh, well said..

Haha. I got the 250 to start on and I would have rode it for longer than 2 seasons and 14000 miles if i diddnt bend a valve. Got my buddys 01 F4i because it was a good deal and im lazy (I dont like to have to look for things, Bikes, girls, jobs). Im to the point now where if i ride a bigger bike i know i will want one. Im trying to stay away. I try to tell myself that until i can ride this 6 as fast or hard as possible than it will be stupid to move up. So im hoping that i can learn to launch way better than i can now and i want to get comfortable with taking the bike to its limits of traction, braking and accelleration. Until I can do dumb **** like wheelies and leave hard off the line, i dont think there is a point in moving up. If i dont know how much i can give her and keep the front on the ground, or lean all the way over to the edges, in my opinion i dont have the skill i would like to have to get on a 1k. I am a fairly seasoned rider with close to 30000 miles in 3 seasons but i know that i can be allot more smooth with all my inputs.

Past all that i hope that for everyone it is a safe season, be careful till that asphault warms up, watch out for gravel and dirt. And like always pay attention to those cagers, because we all know they dont pay attention to anything.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a lot of merit in wot you say about respect of bikes & I in kind of agree with you to in some aspects of 250's & so on, 100cc bikes are definitely in the commuter class & are really just for trawling along with the traffic to get to work (although 40 years ago I rode a 100cc bike 1st, but not for long).
But for me its learning your skills 1st, here in S'tralia, most states restrict riders to power output, it used to 250's but the state government's are seeing sense & let new riders get on something a bit bigger (biggest is say a 650 twin). Wot is really good about the newbies here though is the training (road skills/knowledge) courses that they have to complete & pass before they are let loose on the road. If you already had a full drivers license for a few years, then you can throw your leg over any bike you like.

I know a lot of people here will agree with you about going out on a big bike right off, but I'd rather see a young rider (& I'm talking young 17-18yo's) hone their skills & test their abilities on a bike that they can take to limit & learn on, rather than a bike that they can't take to limit & learn the hard way. I've lost to many riding buddies over the years to just that. When your young you have more b*lls than brains & don't listen to anybody over 30.
In saying all that, I like your enthusiasm about bikes, riding & the respect they deserve.