CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Just finished my motorcycle saftey program (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/just-finished-my-motorcycle-saftey-program-6102/)

cbr4ever 11-28-2005 10:10 PM

RE: Just finished my motorcycle saftey program

Congrats! I will be starting mine on December 16th. It's good to know people are getting something out of it. I am looking forward to it.

cjbettis 11-28-2005 11:08 PM

Soooo, I have never taken...just bought a bike like 10 years ago and took it down for my test. Passed luckily. So worth the time and money if have been riding for a while?

doncollins 11-28-2005 11:31 PM

yes and no... most just ride and never think of slow traffic or hazard condition. 10 years, I'm sure you've hit a few hazards. But the course is great to practice in. Nice slow riding to let you know what you and your bike can do. A lot of slow, tight turns and teaches braking to newbies. I had to take it, military required so it was free... but I think it's only $75 in most areas. If you can find the track layout... that's all you need or just go to an empty parking lot and practice making slow, tight turns until you almost fall over.

cjbettis 11-29-2005 12:26 AM

ORIGINAL: doncollins

yes and no... most just ride and never think of slow traffic or hazard condition. 10 years, I'm sure you've hit a few hazards. But the course is great to practice in. Nice slow riding to let you know what you and your bike can do. A lot of slow, tight turns and teaches braking to newbies. I had to take it, military required so it was free... but I think it's only $75 in most areas. If you can find the track layout... that's all you need or just go to an empty parking lot and practice making slow, tight turns until you almost fall over.
try to fall over almost...check

doncollins 11-29-2005 12:53 AM

wait... make sure your wife and kids are there... with a video camera... I gotta see this.

cjbettis 11-29-2005 01:00 AM

do you remeber the guy who was stunting with the MAD skills...well that was me (not really)...I'll just endo and throw the rear end around BMX style....that's how you take a tight corner

transamlt1man 11-29-2005 01:00 AM

I think the best way to learn is on a dirt bike or something. You can crash it a million times and really learn how the bikes move. A little different than a street bike but it helps. A guy around here won the lottery and bought a brand new harly. He went and took his test the weekend before I went and he crashed it twice in the parking lot. The testing guy was telling me about it. He should have takin a course like that.