CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Just finished my motorcycle saftey program (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/just-finished-my-motorcycle-saftey-program-6102/)

blingn f4i 11-14-2005 02:33 AM

Just finished my motorcycle saftey program

This is a great class to take. It starts out with the basics but then it gets good and helps with different situations. I am proud to say I graduated the class at the top. I had 100% on my written test and 0 points on my driving test. I am still a newby for sure but atleast I am more confident on my bike now.

Anubis 11-14-2005 07:09 AM

RE: Just finished my motorcycle saftey program

Well done, now get out and enjoy just remember we`re always learnin. So ride at your own pace that you feel comfortable with. ;)

chainstretcher 11-14-2005 07:27 AM

Excellent! I too passed at the top of my class. A small accomplishment that means more to me than anybody else I suppose:D Just put the stuff they taught you to good use on the street and you'll be fine.

doncollins 11-14-2005 07:59 AM

good job.... everyone should take the course, a couple of times at that. The course I took is set up on base, so when I picked up a new 05, I went over the course by myself again to get familiar with the bike.

NeonspeedRT 11-14-2005 10:18 AM

Congrats. Thats awseome. Remember to always practice what you learned and go spend some time in parking lots before hitting the streets.

josho66 11-15-2005 03:40 PM

Congrats. I really enjoyed my class also. Great for someone htat is starting out.

Jeremy2792 11-16-2005 01:24 AM

I'm in the process of doing mine as we speak. Tonight was my first night. Now, I have to spend all weekend out there on the range.

MapJr 11-21-2005 05:45 PM

Good job!:D

L8X 11-21-2005 08:16 PM

congrats! now be safe out there!

shinysideup 11-27-2005 12:15 AM

i took mine back in 98 ,i think, in california. i would have to say that they didnt go through the basics of starting and stopping on the couse very well. there were a lot of people stalling, a lot. the instructors didnt really go over it again with them, jsut let them go. there was one lady that crashed 2x the beginning of the first day going about 1 mph. if i didnt already have experience from all of my dirtbike riding, it would have been a lot harder. the nice thing is that you dont have to take the driving portion of the couse at DMV to get your license. the class counts for it. im in florida in the military now and they require you to take a safety class to ride on base. i have a few friends that have done it, and they too recieved their license after completion. i think its easier to go that route. plus, it gives some good skills. it made me a lot better at defensive driving, even in my car. i like to tell people that when you have been riding long enough, you can tell what other vehicles are going to do before even they know. you just have to watch them and how they are driving.