Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Just finished my motorcycle saftey program

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished my motorcycle saftey program

This is a great class to take. It starts out with the basics but then it gets good and helps with different situations. I am proud to say I graduated the class at the top. I had 100% on my written test and 0 points on my driving test. I am still a newby for sure but atleast I am more confident on my bike now.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:09 AM
Default RE: Just finished my motorcycle saftey program

Well done, now get out and enjoy just remember we`re always learnin. So ride at your own pace that you feel comfortable with.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:27 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent! I too passed at the top of my class. A small accomplishment that means more to me than anybody else I suppose Just put the stuff they taught you to good use on the street and you'll be fine.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:59 AM
Retired Administrator

good job.... everyone should take the course, a couple of times at that. The course I took is set up on base, so when I picked up a new 05, I went over the course by myself again to get familiar with the bike.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:18 AM

Congrats. Thats awseome. Remember to always practice what you learned and go spend some time in parking lots before hitting the streets.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:40 PM

Congrats. I really enjoyed my class also. Great for someone htat is starting out.

Old 11-16-2005, 01:24 AM

I'm in the process of doing mine as we speak. Tonight was my first night. Now, I have to spend all weekend out there on the range.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job!

Old 11-21-2005, 08:16 PM
L8X

congrats! now be safe out there!

Old 11-27-2005, 12:15 AM

i took mine back in 98 ,i think, in california. i would have to say that they didnt go through the basics of starting and stopping on the couse very well. there were a lot of people stalling, a lot. the instructors didnt really go over it again with them, jsut let them go. there was one lady that crashed 2x the beginning of the first day going about 1 mph. if i didnt already have experience from all of my dirtbike riding, it would have been a lot harder. the nice thing is that you dont have to take the driving portion of the couse at DMV to get your license. the class counts for it. im in florida in the military now and they require you to take a safety class to ride on base. i have a few friends that have done it, and they too recieved their license after completion. i think its easier to go that route. plus, it gives some good skills. it made me a lot better at defensive driving, even in my car. i like to tell people that when you have been riding long enough, you can tell what other vehicles are going to do before even they know. you just have to watch them and how they are driving.

Quick Reply: Just finished my motorcycle saftey program