Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

jus my thoughts; anyone agree/disagree? (opinions?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jus my thoughts; anyone agree/disagree? (opinions?)

hopefully this is in the right location; if not i appologize.

this morning on my way to work i catch up to a fellow street biker. long story short we come to traffic. he decides to break left i break right. traffic is stopped so my speed is under 20. gaining towards the actual red light, at the last minute he pulls out from behind a white van on my left...i barely miss him as i see him lock up the front brake. i hear something, not sure if it is him dumping his cycle or laying it into the van infront of him. i did watch my mirrors for a a few secs while continuing on my way and i saw nothing. . .in which i do hope he was all right.

i am already late to work, and on probation of losing my job so i do the selfish act and continue on my way. (not too proud of that but then again part of me feels it was a Stupid move on his part).

besides my selfish act and not assisting the fellow biker; was i in the wrong? i mean how many bikers out there drive the way he did in and out of lanes and cars, regardless of speed?

i do not think so, but i could be wrong. i myself DO NOT under any circumstances weave in and out of lanes or cars such as he did.

not trying to start a riot in here, just puttin this out there for feedback.

no offense meant to those fellow riders that have devoted centuries or decades to their two wheel days. i am a firm believer that with time comes knowledge, but until you have that first character invested, (time) why push it...and if you do, you are foolish, in which hopefully karma doesnt kick the crap out of you for it.

Last edited by duckorbleed; 07-28-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Given the circumstances I would have done exactly what you did.
No need to feel bad - he was the architect of his own misfortune.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:04 PM

god thats a sticky situation with the probo thing.. i cant say if i woulda done it *in the moment* but..

karma is a bitch. you were in the wrong sorry to tell ya kid.. let me tell ya about my story.

i used to be a recklace teen and f* with peoples cars and cause serious damage. last year i had a great job (3rd shift albeit) driving back and forth to dealerships delivering what i thought were cheaper Chevy Performance Chips well.. a semi side swiped me and all the lights were lost or destroyed. i had to pay 345$ for EACH CHIP! imagine that. i found out through a dream that that was my karma for what i did in the past. to say the least.. i was fired. ***wow on that karma hey. *not even my falu.

knock on wood your karma isnt as pricey. way to be honest tho guy, what if he was reading this! haha.. i wish the truck driver was, id rip him a new whole.

PEACE.
& good luck.

Last edited by kcbresh; 07-28-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1st stack was in city traffic, my fault, no doubt about it. Morning peak hour & then some guy pulled over into my lane, cutting me off, close call, so I had to swerve & went into the other lane.
So I starting abusing this guy, I was pretty angry, not looking ahead, heard a shout from my friend that was behind me on his bike "look out', to late, "Whump" straight into the back of a double parked delivery van. All I can remember is the the bike feeling like it was going all over the place & finally me & the bike on the tar.
People came from all over the place to help me up, check me for injury & tell me how lucky & what a total D*ck head I was.
City traffic is always risky, people do crazy things, not just traffic, but pedestrians, street cleaners & emergency vehicles. I was a motorcycle courier for a couple years & I did some risky stunts (I was 18 & it was a Yammie RD350 company bike).

As for you doing the 'Right' thing or not? we all react & behave differently depending on the situation.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:15 PM

i mean on a cycle splitting lanes to begin with is enough of a traffic break. what is the absolute purpose to weave in between cars while you are already beating the crunch by simply splitting lanes ?

i have come to the point where i could not make it to the front of the line due to a pot hole or a car or truck too close to which i would not fit through...even at those times; i simply wait, for i am already of the traffic.

furthermore he was a matter of feet in front of me for miles before this occurred. not once did he check his mirror to acknowledge i was there; thus the reason why i split right; thus also the reason why he dumped almost hitting me, not having the slightest clue i was there or even around.

in a sense i hope he does read this; all i would say is W T F were you thinking? w t f was your purpose in that attempt?

no offense but i dont see how i was in the wrong, unless u mean me not stopping to offer assistance ...? besides had i stopped i prolly woulda been in for an *** whipping over something was in none of my control.

i feel he was bein a cocky rider by his attempted move that slapped him in the face. i dont wish any harm or any such luck on anyone, but . . . .

Last edited by duckorbleed; 07-28-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:24 PM

at least stop even if it was entirely his fault. Unless it is a harley, then you want to run

Old 07-28-2009, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by jpanside@gmail.com
at least stop even if it was entirely his fault. Unless it is a harley, then you want to run
Are you sure you don't want to stop and let them know that now would be a good time to upgrade to a "real bike"?

Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 PM

idiocy on his part does not warrant sincerity on yours

the most dangerous place to be on a bike is in multi-lane side by side traffic
whatever happened to him was his own fault for not riding as defensively as he should have been

some might say you should have stopped, but you can't lose your job because he wrecked

Quick Reply: jus my thoughts; anyone agree/disagree? (opinions?)