Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Jackets

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackets

quick question for you guys about jackets. and yes, i did do a search to see if i could find anything comparing textile jackets to mesh jackets but didnt find anything. i'm sure there is something, but i couldnt find it. anyways, i wanted to get another jacket on top of the leather that i already have, and wanted to see which was better for the summers and protection, textile or mesh. i've heard bad things about mesh. just wanted to see what you all had to say.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Default RE: Jackets

perforated leather...

Old 02-25-2008, 02:11 PM

you dont need anything on top of leather.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:18 PM

i meant in addition to the leather i already have. and it is perforated. [sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 02-25-2008, 02:22 PM

i was wearing a mesh one when i wrecked and i slashed my arms up pretty good, didnt prevent much rash..i would not recomend mesh, never tried textile tho.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:25 PM

You can get mesh but when you hit the ground you wont be able to use the jacket again unlike leathers. And if you get stuck under the hot bike with mesh it will melt to your skin.

I have all 3 and the mesh is the best for summer,but it does not protect near as well as the others. heres the order they rank.

1. Leather.
2. Textile.
3. Mesh.

I only use the mesh when it's very hot out and I'm not planning on going super fast. My Feildsheer textile has tons of armor in it and only cost $125.00 and looks good-all black.

ORIGINAL: isabella98f3

i meant in addition to the leather i already have. and it is perforated. [sm=oopssign.gif]
Its okay. He is a math wiz.
I had a Joe Rocket CBR Textile jacket for a while. It really was not that much cooler in the summer than My A-Star leather jacket. I roll with leather only.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:59 PM

I've got 2, soon to be 3 different jackets. A mesh for cool-warm riding, an even thinner "mesh" with hard armor plates on the outside for REALLY hot weather, and soon to have a leather for cold/cool/semi-warm days. Never crashed tested any of them... but textile and mesh are one use kinda jackets (not that I want to try any of them even once, mind you) from what I've heard. Mesh is the coolest, you do get some decent air through when you're moving or there's a breeze. There are lots of types of mesh, I would go with the "stiffer" mesh jackets, "Firstgear" has pretty decent mesh jackets. Textile, in the end, would probably be better than mesh, but won't be as cool. Leather will be your best bet... but you're gonna sweat it out.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:19 PM

I've only used textile and can't complain. Went down with a Honda brand jacket and it looks/still works fine. Not very diffrent from leather in the summer thou, still hot as hell. My Joe Rocket textile that I bought for my GF is a little better with heat because it has zippered vents in the hot spots.

Quick Reply: Jackets