Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

jacked up bike after 4 months of work.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: jacked up bike after 4 months of work.

Yea, i suppose it was ultimately my fault. But the biggest reason for the speed and the suprise was looking over my shoulder to check for merging traffic and turning back to see the obstacle. As far as the speed goes, I don't really consider myself disrespecting the bike, but, with all due respect crenshaw I think the speed was necessary for my position on the ramp. You won't find anybody else who is more in love with their machine. and Bishop, ill second ur comments, i hate cats too

Old 04-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the cats!

I'm not trying to be real harsh on ya man - like I said, I know you trashed your bike and that sucks. But the speed limit here is 70MPH on our highways, and if you've ever been to Missouri you know that we like to speed. Normal traffic is about 80-85. When I'm coming up an on-ramp, I'm at about 40MPH in second gear, glance over my shoulder... then in front of me, then again over the shoulder and once I look back in front of me I'm on it. I'm doing about 75 or so in a second... maybea second and a half and I'mthe one who's the fastest on the highway already. You have to be brave to even get on the highways here. People move and move fast.

This is why I preach the power band. I'm always in the bikes powerband when I'm really riding and people always wonder why they have their nice shiney, new liter bikes and my old faithful 600 is either in front of them or right behind. It's because they get on an on-ramp in fourth gear doing like 45 or so. Then the power isn't there when you need it. It's not just because it makes me fast, it's because I KNOW that if I need to get my *** out of a situation, I can full stop or blast out of there with a simple twist of the wrist.

Just be careful and when you get it back together spend some time with hanging out in the powerband, you'll fall in love with your bike all over again!

Old 04-23-2007, 02:30 AM

WOW I just don't know what to say that hasn't been said except that yes our bikes are built for speed they are race bikes... I choose to ride conservatively though considering there are speed limits and cops to enforce them. and don't give me the we can out run the cops crap. that's just plain STUPID!!! it gives all sport bike riders a bad name and cops target even the safest of riders due to this. now yes you were riding too fast for the ramp no you should have not had this happen but you are OK and the bike is repairable... and how would you like it if people saw you while driving too fast andit was too late to avoid youand wished you a long painful death because you dented their car or truck??
sorry rant..... just tired of the same old poor me I rode too fast and broke my *** mentality

Old 04-23-2007, 04:16 AM

going 65 on a ramp, c'mon that is not excessive even if it was at night. if you were in a city then there were street lights too. dont know how you didnt see the dog unless it just jumped out which it probably did. the fault belongs on thedogs owner, i would go back see if it has a collar on and find out who owns the darn thing. once you find out let them worry about how your bike is gonna get fixed. just my opinion though, could be overthinking it.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:20 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

if i remember right even if he did find out who the owner is he really doesnt have any legal action unless he can prove that the dog has a history of running loose , and the owners did nothing to prevent it. if it was just a one time thing then the owners probably wouldnt get charged . and if it was just a stray then you have even less legal action. just check your insurance policy and see if you are covered.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:24 AM

yeah well i was pretty much jokin around. everyone is bashin on him for riding normal, crazyhorse didnt deserve a dog in front of him after the work he put into his bike and doesnt deserve people "*******" (sorry had to say it) him. most importantly he is here to discuss it, thank god for that.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:26 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

oh i wasnt trying to prove you wrong or anything. in fact alot of people assume that you can go after a dogs owner for damage . so i just thought id put what i know out there. but youre right atleast he is here to be able to tell us about it

Old 04-23-2007, 04:31 AM

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]cheers to that!

Old 04-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's how I see the situation........

It's not the dogs fault, nor is it entirely the riders fault. It's what you would call an accident. The rider should have used better speed/visbility judgement, and the dog shouldn't have been there in the first place. But since the dog doesn't have the capacity for rational thinking, the human being should have outsmarted the dog by riding within the headlights' reach. But I wasn't there, nor did I witness the incident, so I can't say for sure.

But, I do feel bad for the dog though. The dog didn't know any better, and probably was lost and didn't know where the f**k he was. Then he ends up getting hit and probably surviving for a few hours, then eventually dies of the injuries. No living creature deserves that, nor deserves to have that wished upon it. Bikes can be fixed, dead dogs can't. Again, sucks about the damage, but your choice of words wanting the dog to die for a mistake that is partially your fault is pretty harsh..........and I'm pretty sure that's why the majority of the posts are leaning more towards the negative side.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:40 AM

Exactly Blue Fox. +1

Quick Reply: jacked up bike after 4 months of work.