Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

jacked up bike after 4 months of work.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jacked up bike after 4 months of work.

Definitely could have been worse, check my pics. You got off easy. Sorry to hear it anyway.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Banned

I highly doubt a single person here DOESN'T push it - has nothing to do with needing to buy a cruiser.

The difference is most of us realize and acknowledge our mistakes when we make them. The rest of the time we try to use our best judgement given every unique situation. Doing 65 on an on-ramp... at night... is just begging for it.

Check eBay, there's a lot of folks there who ride outside their limits and probably have some discounted parts for you...

Old 04-22-2007, 06:00 PM

People here are saying that going 65mph on a freeway on-ramp is excessive... I dont know about you guys, but our speedlimits are 65 MPH on the freeways and if you're not going ATLEAST 65; you arent going to make it into traffic without getting plowed from behind by a car.

Lest we forget,maintain full alertness whilest riding. Especially at night. For if you dont...the ground will rise up and smite thee!

Old 04-22-2007, 06:08 PM

Ah yes, but don't drive beyond your lights, vision and your abilities. Doing so, just confirms what will happen. Something will die.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: AK47

People here are saying that going 65mph on a freeway on-ramp is excessive... I dont know about you guys, but our speedlimits are 65 MPH on the freeways and if you're not going ATLEAST 65; you arent going to make it into traffic without getting plowed from behind by a car.

Lest we forget,maintain full alertness whilest riding. Especially at night. For if you dont...the ground will rise up and smite thee!
+1 if you arent going freeway speeds while entering you will have alot higher chnace of being hit. getting off the freeway is a lil bit different but still applies. people getting on or off the freeway generally are traveling65+ mph.... i think the bigger issue here was not speed but rider ability and conditions on the road.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

And it takes how long to get up to even 80MPH from second gear on one of these bikes?

Yeah, maybe, MAYBE all of 1 second. Don't **** on my leg and tell me it's raining - and don't tell me acceleration is a problem with these bikes.

Dude spent 4 months of work on the bike then goes out and disrepects it. They always say at the begining of every season...

"We'll see who's riding at the end of the year and who's bike is trashed and/or impounded."

See ya at the end of the year, hopefully on your own two wheels.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:25 PM

The thingthat's annoying though with this kind of incidentis thatthe rider hasto pay for the repairs, it should be the owner of the dog. Feel a bit sorry for the dog though. Wish itcould've beena cat, i hate cats.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Banned

You're absolutely right.

That was the point of my first analogy about the chance of there being a kid on the on-ramp. Someone was responsible, and in all honesty...

Nah, I'm not even gonna say it - the rider was at fault just as much.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:32 PM

I know I'll be up again before end of year, BUT, I ride year round as it is.I'm just going to miss out on some prime for abou a month.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: AK47

...pretty sure common sense/ a question on the driving/riding written exam's answer is to be going the speed of highway traffic while on the on ramp...

Quick Reply: jacked up bike after 4 months of work.