Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its started....Read Link Below...Join The AMA

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its started....Read Link Below...Join The AMA

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/2007/Denver.asp

In short after you read the article....if other states catch wind of it....no more afteramarket pipes...what would we do...

Old 06-19-2007, 07:53 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Its started....Read Link Below...Join The AMA

I'm sorry to say that most of "us" have brought it upon ourselves. Most sportbike riders have the "oh well, deal with it" attitudes that ruin it for all of us.

Our bikes are loud (even stock). And when jackasses throw on obnoxiously loud pipes like D&D, and then wake the entire freaking neighborhood up at 2 am, what did we expect was going to happen? I have to admit that most aftermarket pipes are way too freaking loud, and serve NO PURPOSE other than to be just that....LOUD. I myself even get pissed off when someone comes ripping through the neighborhood with a loud pipe at 2 am.

So, I can see where people are coming from with the noise level. (not to mention most aftermarket pipes are for "off-road use" anyway). It sucks, but there are far more complaints about motorcycles than motorcycle's themselves.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 AM

Denver?

Awww ****.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:16 AM

our bikes are no where near as loud as the stupid fart can exhausts ricer put on their neons nor are they louder than harleys or choppers. this is a stupid law. i can see in residential areas at certain times of the night should be kept a little quiet but to put a ban city wide is going overboard. i blame all the old people

Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I'm sorry to say that most of "us" have brought it upon ourselves. Most sportbike riders have the "oh well, deal with it" attitudes that ruin it for all of us.

Our bikes are loud (even stock). And when jackasses throw on obnoxiously loud pipes like D&D, and then wake the entire freaking neighborhood up at 2 am, what did we expect was going to happen? I have to admit that most aftermarket pipes are way too freaking loud, and serve NO PURPOSE other than to be just that....LOUD. I myself even get pissed off when someone comes ripping through the neighborhood with a loud pipe at 2 am.

So, I can see where people are coming from with the noise level. (not to mention most aftermarket pipes are for "off-road use" anyway). It sucks, but there are far more complaints about motorcycles than motorcycle's themselves.
So i takeit u dont have an aftermarket exhaust?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: PHXf4i

our bikes are no where near as loud as the stupid fart can exhausts ricer put on their neons nor are they louder than harleys or choppers. this is a stupid law. i can see in residential areas at certain times of the night should be kept a little quiet but to put a ban city wide is going overboard. i blame all the old people
the artical nor the law cares about what make or style of bike so there not just coming down on sport bike riders its harleys and choppers as well.

i agree with bluefox on this one

Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 AM

It's just not feasible that they could enforce this. Essentially, it would instantly make a verylarge amount of motorcycles illegal and force them to go to what amounts to a monopoly to comply. Also, it makes no sense that they would now have bikes that are 20+ years old have to find an OE exhaust?? I'm sure this will be challenged and some judge will say that it targets some unfairly (at leastI hope)

OTOH, what would be stopping some mfg from doing testing so that they can also get an OE replacement label for their exhaust? Is there some measurement of RPM that city council has enforced? I know y bike is barely noticable at idle 25 feet away, but is much different at 8,000 rpm.

BTW, when I read the title of the thread, the link below said "father won't let get bike, says it's death"

Old 06-19-2007, 12:25 PM

that is pretty crap, putting weight limits and increasing the db levels based on that. why is a car allowed to be 8 db louder than a bike, i hear more ricers screaming than i do bikes. and those are the annoying ones, they dont even sound good. what about every freaking mustang or dodge ram i see, those things are effin annoying.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

that is pretty crap, putting weight limits and increasing the db levels based on that. why is a car allowed to be 8 db louder than a bike, i hear more ricers screaming than i do bikes. and those are the annoying ones, they dont even sound good. what about every freaking mustang or dodge ram i see, those things are effin annoying.
well you are right about the about the cars there are some pretty loud ones out there. but for the most part they are a very low tone where as bikes esspecially sport bikes have a high pitch and after 8g there screaming way louder then any car could hope to be. if you lived in my place you would get woken up every 20 minutes cuase kids go buy all night with there rpms way up past where they should be. on my bike at night i never take the rpms passed 6 and try to cruise at around 4.5. but you sit here and you here them go by and you know there at like 9-10 wakin every one up i here my landlord and neibors bitch about it all the time.

i think the exception of weight class is that for comercial purposes and stuff like that and the need for people to have cars and larger engines, where as bikes are smaller then cars and there more of a toy. either that or most people just hate bikers

Old 06-19-2007, 12:36 PM

i get what you are saying, but i wish these ricers had nice pipes with a low rumble, these things are bumble bees.

Quick Reply: Its started....Read Link Below...Join The AMA