Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its called a Hobby...Get one~

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its called a Hobby...Get one~

So i have really been wondering if all of your girlfriends, and or wives are supportive of you and your bike. Kind of a general statement but it seems to me i ALWAYS get some sort of coment when i bring something up about my motorcycle...
Heaven forbid i should by any aftermarket parts for my bike....Riding gear etc....

"You really dont need that do you..."

" I dont understand...you just go drive around....for what...isnt thats a waste of time..."

"Isnt a bike just to get from point a to point b"

I seem to be getting this all the time. I know some of you Have very supportive Significant others....i envy you! Because I rarely bring motorcycle topics into conversations anymore and its always a shock when i get a " Lets take the Bike.."

So in conclusion I love My Bike....

Old 02-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Default RE: Its called a Hobby...Get one~

I say drop her ars

Old 02-27-2007, 06:34 PM

My fiancee wasn't supportive at first. In fact to talky and no touchy for about a week, LOL. But now, she gets pissed if I don't take her for a ride every weekend. But when it comes to buying parts or whatever, I get the same crap! "Why do you need that?". "How much does that cost?"..... But then I pull the ole, "You paid $125 on your hair for what??", "$50 on your nails to do what??" so yeah,its kind of a trade off.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:40 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

My fiancee wasn't supportive at first. In fact to talky and no touchy for about a week, LOL. But now, she gets pissed if I don't take her for a ride every weekend. But when it comes to buying parts or whatever, I get the same crap! "Why do you need that?". "How much does that cost?"..... But then I pull the ole, "You paid $125 on your hair for what??", "$50 on your nails to do what??" so yeah,its kind of a trade off.
yeah my girlfriend pays like $150 a month for vitamins for our dog I'm like "dogs have survived without vitamins for hundreds of years with no vitamins wtf do you think our dog needs them for?"

Old 02-27-2007, 06:49 PM

I think its the same everywhere, I am allowed to ride whenever, but I ride alot with my brother-in-law, I guess the wife thinks I won't get in trouble with him. In the other case yes if I spend money on the bike there is always the "why".... I say because I said so, if I am the bread winner I decide what kind of sandwich to eat!! ha ha

Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM

Ive got a girl that loves to ride but not let me ride,I tell her about running from cops and how far i wheelied and how fast ive gone and just talk about tearing it up on the streets with my boys. but she loves it when i take her on it, do some beache cruising on PCH! shes a sucka for the beach. but i get the same yelling on why i need to spend 170 bucks on a set of crg levers or pazzo (i want a set reeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllll bad) when the stock ones are fine. or why my exhaust cost so much and why i never put any money into her, but i put money into my bike. she pulls the line of i get to ride em both, but which one do i really love? I never answer that one, i quickly change the subject....

But we all know the answer to that one

Old 02-27-2007, 07:11 PM
TEN

Same here, man. She loves the bike...but she doesn't want me to go unless she goes too. Usually, however, she just wants to goget her nails/hair done and doesn't want to go. hell'uva catch 22, huh. I tell herI need my man time...alone time...that usually buys me a couple of hours here and there. And unless you spend money on them...they are gonna bitch about you spending money on your bike. They just don't understand what a power commander can do...or an exhaust.

...at the end of the day though.....I love her...even if she is a pain in the ***!

Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 PM

"Isnt a bike just to get from point a to point b"
I hear that bull**** too, but who said that to get from point A to point B has to be a straight line.

"yeah my girlfriend pays like $150 a month for vitamins for our dog I'm like "dogs have survived without vitamins for hundreds of years with no vitamins wtf do you think our dog needs them for?"
Hey Spot needs love too.

But then I pull the ole, "You paid $125 on your hair for what??", "$50 on your nails to do what??"
To look good on the back of MY bike.Just playin

Old 02-27-2007, 07:19 PM

love her!! she lets me buy what i want and she even buys me stuff for the bike...and throws in the "you know what would look good is__________ you should get that next"..beleive it or not she let me do the 900 engine swap in our living room, andhelped me do the swap..and i get to store the bike right next to the couch!!now she wants her own bike and will occasionallypop in a stunt dvd or bike racing dvd and watch it with me.. she is great!!

she even goes to the track with me and will video me racing.. (not to rub it in to anyone) just gotta give her some "props" for being supportive..

[IMG]local://upfiles/7261/2D6F4D1622C548219CEAC7894B7A7E5D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-27-2007, 07:26 PM

my girl is the same way, she gets mad if I don't take her out on the bike. She looks damn cute too all dressed up in her gear. I think she feels better after riding with me thatwhen i go out she knows that i can handle the bike. Her only concern is when i go out and have to be in traffic, we've all heard those horror stories. As for bringing parts home, i work at a dealer ship, so its bound to happen and she knows it. Damn i love my girl.

Quick Reply: Its called a Hobby...Get one~