Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Irresponsible publishing.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Irresponsible publishing.....

does anyone have the article? i would like to hear the nonsense dickweed speaks.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rrasco

does anyone have the article? i would like to hear the nonsense dickweed speaks.
I don't have the full article, but I have the relevant section (the rest was about Paula Abdul or something... lol)

editor@sunnewspapers.com
tina@sunnewspapers.com

940-497-4141

The Lake Cities Sun
PO BOX 879
Lake Dallas, Texas 75065

Employee Directory:
Mark Henry - Publisher
Tina Moore - Business Manager
Doug Simpson - Managing Editor
Marcia Rios - Staff Writer / Reporter
Erin Henry - Classifieds / Advertising Sales

1. Motorcycles. Why are these things street legal? I challenge anyone out there to remember a time they saw a motorcycle that was driving the speed limit and adhering to all traffic laws.

When I see them, they are usually going about 120 mph down I-35E, weaving in and out of lanes like those white lines are just there for show.

Nothing irks me more than sitting in dense 5 p.m. or Friday traffic, only to see a motorcycle driving between the rows of cars, going about 40 mph. I want so badly to open my car door just before they reach me.

I’ll never forget the time I was driving down the George Bush around 10 p.m., when all of a sudden scorching down the road were not only about five motorcycles driving erratically, but they were all riding on their back tires. Popping a wheelie while doing 80 mph down a public roadway: stupid.

I remember a few years back, I think after Gary Busey had his bad motorcycle wreck, there was a public service announcement asking motorists to “keep an eye open for motorcyclists,” like they are being abused by us car and truck drivers.

I remember telling the TV, “I’ll look out for them as soon as they start obeying traffic laws.” I’m still waiting, so in my eyes, they are fair game.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that guy is a moron, and he lives in texas. giving us all a bad rep. if he had done his research he would know they just legalized riding the white line in texas. anybody remember Road Rash for Sega?

p.s. thanks neebs for the article

Old 03-24-2006, 01:55 PM

WTF guy probably has punus envy or something...
a guy took his girl away on a bike or something... God what a jackass! As worthless at **** on a boarhog my friend always says...[:@]

Old 03-24-2006, 03:35 PM

Nothing there!

Old 03-24-2006, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

Nothing there!
yeah, scroll up. After all the angry mail, the site yanked the article, but I pasted the relevant portion.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Default *** UPDATE ***

We have been heard!!

http://www.dougsimpsonhatesmotorcycles.com/4.html

Old 04-11-2006, 03:24 PM
wiz
Default RE: *** UPDATE ***

wonderful news

Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 AM

these are one of the guys that have road rage and just like that one video that took out 5 bikers from behind (i think he was drinking, but it was a News video that was posted on "sights and sounds" about couple months ago)..

"i'll wait out for bikers when they start obeying the law" - who the F are you? i look at for perdestations everyday even tho some J-walk, some walk when it's a green light, or infront of my car.. So if this guy is going to be that foolish and he hits a biker when he wasnt looking *KNOCK ON WOOD*, he will be thinking it was pretty stupid when he is in jail..

Old 04-13-2006, 10:35 PM

Now that they took away his pen, they should take away his sword!

Here in California, if you get busted for spousal abuse you are not allowed to posses a firearm for ten years.

I think they should not only fire this guy, but also take away his car for being mentally imbalanced.

Quick Reply: Irresponsible publishing.....