Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Is it irresponsible for mommys to ride sportbikes?
Yes
5.45%
Not any more irresponsible than if dad partakes in it
34.55%
Not if she's wearing proper gear
30.91%
No
29.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Is it irresponsible for mommies to ride sportbikes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoulda been multiple choice. Voted not so long as she wears proper gear. But that implies its okay for Dad to go gearless, which its not. Both have a responsibility to the kids and the other parent to attempt to minimize the risks in a mode of transportation inherently more dangerous than driving a car.

Given your displayed attitude towards wearing a lid, meggers, I'm curious why you asked

Old 12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink gear dosent mean no fear

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Shoulda been multiple choice. Voted not so long as she wears proper gear. But that implies its okay for Dad to go gearless, which its not. Both have a responsibility to the kids and the other parent to attempt to minimize the risks in a mode of transportation inherently more dangerous than driving a car.

Given your displayed attitude towards wearing a lid, meggers, I'm curious why you asked
it really is a straight forward pole...do you have kids? as this has prob been brought up in her life... altho not the best decision to go with out a lid, it dont mean she dont care...

Old 12-02-2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by bambam
it really is a straight forward pole...do you have kids? as this has prob been brought up in her life... altho not the best decision to go with out a lid, it dont mean she dont care...
No kids here. I'm saying its no more wrong for a mother to ride a motorcycle than a dad so long as they both gear up. Gender doesn't have squat to do with the responsibility to the family. Neither does whichever one is the 'breadwinner' (especially since in many families both parents work).

Old 12-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have kids and I'm not pregnant.. Just curious what you guys think.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by meggers
I don't have kids and I'm not pregnant.. Just curious what you guys think.
Well obviously riding a motorcycle is more dangerous than driving a SUV. Doesn't mean just because the person is a parent (Mom or Dad) they should be shopping for a H3. They just have a responsibility to the family to do so safely.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:44 PM

Statisticly speaking the NHTSA shows that per capita more people die in a SUV Role over than on motorcycles.

Of course the chance of fatality on a bike increases by 75% even with having drunk a single beer.

So the question of irresponsibility come down to is it ok to ride in an irresponsible manner, and I say no. Meaning gear, training, proper speeds, ect,ect...

The vast majority of deaths ob bikes come down to lapse oin judgement at some point.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Only if you're the kind of mommie who rides without insurance and isn't geared up.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by cman9toes
Statisticly speaking the NHTSA shows that per capita more people die in a SUV Role over than on motorcycles.
THAT is a fascinating statistic. Where can we find it?

Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 PM

My wife likes to ride and I am still in awe about it. She doesn't generally like my group riding because she stays within her limits because of the fact that she is Mama ... 2 times. I have the occasional voice in me that says to ease up, that's directlly related to my thoughts of my new family that her and I have created. We both gear up and she is a super responsible, so that's why I voted, No long as shes geared up...

Quick Reply: Is it irresponsible for mommies to ride sportbikes?