Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

iPod troubles while riding...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod troubles while riding...

I recently had an ingenious idea for my ipod. I have a cover on my iPod that has a little arm strap thing, so i wrapped the strap around my handlebar and clip my iPod into the strap and go on riding while being able to select what tunes i listen to and see whats going on. Well, all is well except after a little while of riding my iPod completely freezes and have to give it a hard reset(you press menu and the center button at the same time for like 5 seconds). Anyone else have this problem? I think it could be that the internal memory doesnt have enough time to read ahead or something.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Default RE: iPod troubles while riding...

Ive had that problem a few times. But its happened the most in my truck. Once while riding. I have the thirty gig video pod. My friend also had it happen to him. My guess is as good as yours. I dont think its anything bad.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:01 AM

Depending on the Ipod depends on if it uses flash memory or a little hard disk drive what kind do you have? It possible has a HDD in it and is causing to much vibration on the actually player causing it to freeze up

Old 04-17-2007, 04:05 AM

I have one of the 30gb videos its one of the newest ones, black. I have no clue if it has a HDD or flash memory. And it happens every time i ride, somtimes it takes like 20-30 min, others it can take an hour or so.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:35 AM

Im pretty sure all the video Ipods have HDD's it could be the problem possibly, but im not for sure. We may need a second opinion

Old 04-17-2007, 04:41 AM

All of the video iPods do have HDDs... I would suggest trying to find a shuffle or nano, and see if you have the same issue...

video iPod = HDD = Moving parts = bad
shuffle/nano = flash memory = no moving parts = happy on bumpy roads.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:45 AM

ORIGINAL: pell

All of the video iPods do have HDDs... I would suggest trying to find a shuffle or nano, and see if you have the same issue...

video iPod = HDD = Moving parts = bad
shuffle/nano = flash memory = no moving parts = happy on bumpy roads.
Bingo! What i was to lazy to say +1

Old 04-17-2007, 08:12 AM

yes u guys are right. i pod had a hard drive. thats y it skips. i dont think u should use it that way anymore becouse u can and will kill the harddrive(they are over 120 bucks for another drive). the reson it works for a wile and then freezes is becouse it loads the song onto its memory off the hard drive then shuts down the hard drive to save battery(i think it kills the most battery or the lcd i forget)

i have a zen vision 60gb and its a hard drive player i keep it my pocket no problem. u need something to absorb the vibrations. dont belive me??? look on ebay for broken ipods... its almost all that have a harddrive problem.

this is what some of them look like. like the one in your pc but way smaler and it cost a $h1t load more.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:07 PM

I have a Nano and I just clip it to my belt when I ride and Ive never had any problems...

Old 04-17-2007, 12:44 PM

I leave my Zune at home and it works just great.

Quick Reply: iPod troubles while riding...