Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Interesting People

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting People

So I'm heading out to Texas Roadhouse with SchiraF4I and our respective ladies... when we get there and get our names down, due to lack of room, we go outside to wait. While I'm out there I notice some other bikes in the parking lot, so we walk over to check them out. There are 2 bikes... some kind of (older?) 800cc Ducati (looked pretty sharp though), and a new, black zx-6r (The one with the chrome vinyl tribal... ugh).

Anyways, as we're checking them out, a guy comes over (wearing a red motorcycle jacket) and starts saying hi. Says "Hey man, I was just over there checkin' out you alls bikes." I say "That's Cool." And then... it started.

"Yeah, I just got this ninja the other day. It's a special edition... got the race spec clutch and everything you know. I already dropped it once (thirty day tag on the back)... yeah I was leaving my house and went off the curb and lost it. Skinned the bike up <points to place on the bike>. I'm not too worried about it though, you see, I've got these WHITE (wtf?) carbon fiber fairings on the way, they should be in this week, they cost <large number here>, then I'll take them over to <some guy> and have him custom paint the whole thing. Tell ya what man, the bikes fast though. It's faster than that Ducatti. That's a friend of mines who's inside. I've got an r6 back at the house <blah blah blah>."

We just kinda smile and nod, don't really even talk about our own bikes or anything... but then.. the funniest thing of the night happens. He says Goodbye and... I'm not kidding, takes off back down the sidewalk and back inside Texas Roadhouse... on Heely's. (For those of you that don't know what a Heely is... it's shoes, usually for kids, that have the little skate wheel in the heel.) I couldn't believe it! A grown dude tryin' to be all bad a** then tearing off on a pair of kids skate shoes. That... was interesting.

Now that you read my novel... anybody else have an "interesting person" experience?

Old 03-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Default RE: Interesting People

you must have been at the Texas Roadhouse on Memorial/ Penn.. lol..

thats soo funny.. thats one thing i miss about oklahoma.. random people you can always count on for a laugh..

lol

Old 03-05-2008, 08:46 AM

Haha great night, but even better was after we left some guy came rolling up on us as we sit there on 39th. Talking about his bike and about how I didn't have the tire i said typical drunk guy stuff etc. Then he said he had a yellow f4i and people in is stunt group call him "crazy native" and he ends our little conversation with "if you ever see a yellow F4I doing a wheelie everywhere cause i do one everywhere its me". no joke...

Old 03-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Ty

Those were his training wheels! LOL

Old 03-05-2008, 08:56 AM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

Haha great night, but even better was after we left some guy came rolling up on us as we sit there on 39th. Talking about his bike and about how I didn't have the tire i said typical drunk guy stuff etc. Then he said he had a yellow f4i and people in is stunt group call him "crazy native" and he ends our little conversation with "if you ever see a yellow F4I doing a wheelie everywhere cause i do one everywhere its me". no joke...
Haha, yeah, I forgot all about that guy! It took me 3 tries to get that guy to understand that my exhaust wasn't "custom"... and that I wasn't on an F4I. Ahh... good times.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Banned

I had dinner with a 33rd degree mason. Those people are definitely running the show. By the way, we are not going to invade Iran.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:02 AM

WOW! sounds like you meet a real winner LOL! Maybe he had thoes shoes on so he could skitch better LOL!

Here in Ohio we have all kinds and every one knows about bikes LOL!. There are so many possers here it's not even funny. There is this one store that sells riding style cloths FOX, Famous-stuff like that and the owner told me that about 60% of his customers do not ride and never have from what he can tell. He said the other 20% are very light core riders and the rest know there stuff.

I guess it takes all kinds to make this crazy world go round.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

wow.. taking me back.. 39th street in OKC is the first place i saw a gnarly motorcycle wreck.. when i was in highschool we used to go there to watch the "illegal races" <--only went a few times. and sure enough an orange f4 or f4i going about 90 tank slapps and goes down.

the guy was fine and all he said when he got up "with his down jacket emptying everywhere" oh **** my friend is going to be pissed i wrecked his bike..

the dude didnt even have a liscence or a bike, it was his 3rd time riding..

Old 03-05-2008, 10:17 AM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

wow.. taking me back.. 39th street in OKC is the first place i saw a gnarly motorcycle wreck.. when i was in highschool we used to go there to watch the "illegal races" <--only went a few times. and sure enough an orange f4 or f4i going about 90 tank slapps and goes down.

the guy was fine and all he said when he got up "with his down jacket emptying everywhere" oh **** my friend is going to be pissed i wrecked his bike..

Oh man... and THAT's why people shouldn't let anybody ride their bike. Then again, sometimes you can judge someones character and know they won't be retarded (and... it's not their 1st, second, third time riding). *eyes SchiraF4i* It helps when you're rolling their bike with them though! haha.

That's one thing I haven't (and hope I don't) seen is a motorcycle wreck. I've seen some car wrecks here and there, and plenty of "just after" car wrecks... but the only time I've ever been around a bike wreck was on a run with Speed Tribe (crazies). Guy in the back didn't make a turn quite right, caught some loose gravel and lost it at probably 15mph or so. Minimal fairing scratches and broke his turn signal off.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Lrn2Go

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

Oh man... and THAT's why people shouldn't let anybody ride their bike. Then again, sometimes you can judge someones character and know they won't be retarded (and... it's not their 1st, second, third time riding). *eyes SchiraF4i* It helps when you're rolling their bike with them though! haha.

That's one thing I haven't (and hope I don't) seen is a motorcycle wreck. I've seen some car wrecks here and there, and plenty of "just after" car wrecks... but the only time I've ever been around a bike wreck was on a run with Speed Tribe (crazies). Guy in the back didn't make a turn quite right, caught some loose gravel and lost it at probably 15mph or so. Minimal fairing scratches and broke his turn signal off.
haha, I was babying your bike when you let me ride it. But don't get me wrong i did want to see what it could do... I saw a bike laying down on 39th and macarthur the other night nothing bad though.

Quick Reply: Interesting People