Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance Sold to a Minor?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Insurance Sold to a Minor?!

I think I see his point here, I've never heard of Full Coverage not covering theft. I'm not a fan of insurance either and onlu carry insurance that covers the damage I cause to others. If I wreck my bike or it's stolen, the money I spent on full coverage would have bought me a second bike to keep as a spare.

Anyways, I think his "punk response" was just anger directed at what he feels he's being screwed by an insurance company. Well, the joke's on him. They screw all of us with every payment we make. If you turn in a claim on your insurance, your rates go up.... wasn't that why you had insurance, in case something happen? When it does, your rates go up?

Old 05-13-2007, 04:19 AM

sorry but my response wasnt young and 'punk'....we pay thousands of dollars for insurance every single year for what....nothing happened to my bike it was just stolen, when i called to report it they said oh hey cool you have full coverage but you never asked us about the option for theft, well duhh i thought it was included in FULL coverage, so they said oh well sorry there goes your $9500 bike, have a nice day. Ya well im sorry but **** that insurance is there to cover your *** when things go wrong, thats why its mandatory in California and why we pay so much $$, so if my remarks are so young and punk i really dont care, i want my money back and ill take it to court and do whatever i have to do to get those steezy trillionaire bastards that rip EVERYONE off when it comes to any type of damage or theft to give me the money i paid them back. end of story

Old 05-13-2007, 04:21 AM

oh and by the way, the bike was purchased under my dads named, any bank in california will require you to have complete full coverage against the bike that they loaned you money to purchase, once again UNDER MY DADS NAME.....now i think its funny that an insurance company allows someone completely different OF UNDER AGE to purchase insurance without the owner of the bikes consent...dont you?

Old 05-13-2007, 04:47 AM

You make some good points and believe me, I feel your frustration with insurance. I've been insured for over 16 years. I think of all the tens of thousands I have paid, and for what? Or....ohhhh, what realy gets me, is all the added costs of other vehicles, I mean, how many can you damn drive at one time, but you pay on all of them. I think the person should be insured, not the vehicle. But, a POS is not as likey to get stolen as a nice ride, who knows, theres gotta be some black art to quoting insurance. But......I don't see how you had "full coverage" and not have theft? Your agent didn't sit down and go over coverage, or you said something about on-line, never having bought insurance on-line myself, I would immagine they'd send off some paperwork to be signed? I dunno, if an agent told me full coverage, that would mean to me full coverage, whether a meteor hits the damn thing, or a band of rouge midgets stole it, or if I hit an Emu, full coverage is full coverage. No theft on a full coverage policy.....thats kinda like sorta pregnant or something, its covered or not, and if not, I wouldn't call that full coverage. Hmmmmm, Allstate says: "OK ebay dan, your policy is good for full coverage excluding but not limmited to theft, accidents involving one or less vehicle, scratches, or anything that would upset allstates interests. That'll be 1200 per year, sign here and thank you for choosing allstate."How did you get/pay for the policy, and more important, why didn't you read it? Is there any more to the story?

Old 05-13-2007, 11:28 AM

Thanks. Just blame honda for making an atractive bike that people want to steal huh? Maby get some mony outa them to! That way next year MSRP will go up! WEEEEEEE! The **** wasn't on your contrackt! Deal with it!You shoulda asked about it. Any why didn't you use ypou parents to drop the rates anyway? I didn't get of my parents insurence untill I turned 19. Loved that rock bottom rate they had! Man I was really hoping to be able to afford full coverage this year but I guess the rates are going up agin! Wew, I hope you win and then pay my rate hike with the mony jack a**.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:31 PM

well first no one is taking money from HONDA...lol its coming from the insurance company honda has nothing to do with this or the MSRP. Second, I did fill it out online and then had to call a number they emailed me as an agent told me full coverage, and so i asked that will cover anything that has to do with the bike right? and the guy said yes, he never asked for my age or anything since i had already filled it all out online. Better yet no one even asked me who the owner of the bike was and whether i own it or am paying payments. therefore, in California you must have complete full coverage on any car or motorcycle if the bank has loaned you money...and you must have it until you have the pink slip in your hand as the complete owner of a paid off bike or car, thats how it works, so this is why this is going to court, im not afraid of the insurance company of course they are out to keep all the money they can, its the job of the person paying them to take any action, if I dont then im a loser and i just gave free money for no reason, so anyone that agrees with doing that go ahead and grow some nuts and step up like im going to and dont talk **** for me doing it. k thanks

Old 05-13-2007, 09:19 PM

no your right your not taking money from honda. your taking money from the rest of the riders that share and insurance company with you.

second you claim you go this insurance online? did you lie on the policy? cuase that would void your insurance. and by saying your were a minor and could not have signed a contract what are you trying to acomplish??? there going to go your right your honor he was a minor and could not have signed a contract so hence he could not have signed a contract for insurance, thus making his policy void and not making us (the insurance company) responsible for covering the loss of his( your) vehical.

and even if you got an insurance policy online they mail you a contract in the mail to read which also tells what coverage you have or had.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: 95camaro01f4i
there going to go your right your honor he was a minor and could not have signed a contract so hence he could not have signed a contract for insurance, thus making his policy void and not making us (the insurance company) responsible for covering the loss of his( your) vehical.
he has a point +1

Old 05-13-2007, 11:14 PM

+ 2, read your policy package if it didn't have in writing "comprehensive" or "Full coverage" they have you scr3wed. the ONLY thing you might be able to litigate for would be MAYBE to get your premiums reimbursed. and even then...good luck, they'll make it as painfull, and time consuming as possible. You have better things to do, they don't, so get ready for a loooong ordeal.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:08 AM

Last I checked, anyone COULD buy insurance, its not like its a controlled substance, alcohol or tobacco or anything. you're pretty much SOL, and no offense, but its your fault for not reading your contract thouroghly in the first place. ALWAYS ALWAYS read the whole contract, particularly the fine print.

please, dont waste more of our legal system's time, and our tax dollars on something like this.

the way I see it, insurance is something you could buy when you're 14, if you're the owner of a vehicle and have the financial means to pay for it, without parental consent. now were you getting something like a drivers license, you'd need parent/legal guardians permission to do so.

Quick Reply: Insurance Sold to a Minor?!