Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

insurance!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: insurance!!!!

1. I still think it would be worth your time to shop around.

2. Try some of the lesser known and advertised companies.

You know the one I recommend.

3. I had Dairyland for FULL coverage on my 92 ZX-6, back in 93 when I financed through Kawasaki. It was only $177 a month.

4. Now, you may not get little "perks", like roadside assistance, road side band-aid applications, text messaging, or whatever else
they are trying to shove down people's throats these days, but you don't need that crap anyway.

5. Insurance companies I do not recommend, and this is a personal opinion and free speech,...are State Farce or
Pro-gressive-ly awful.

They are huge because they dont pay out in a timely manner, or at all.

Just one of about 200 examples why:

I have yet to be paid for the State Farce insured jerk who hit my parked bike.

They had until the end of today to have an "adjustor" come out...and not even one call has been made to me.

They have said they will "pay for the damages to my bike"..in a letter.

Saying and paying are two totally different things.

Anyway, good luck.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

3. I had Dairyland for FULL coverage on my 92 ZX-6, back in 93 when I financed through Kawasaki. It was only $177 a month.

4. Now, you may not get little "perks", like roadside assistance, road side band-aid applications, text messaging, or whatever else
they are trying to shove down people's throats these days, but you don't need that crap anyway.

5. Insurance companies I do not recommend, and this is a personal opinion and free speech,...are State Farce or
Pro-gressive-ly awful.

They had until the end of today to have an "adjustor" come out...and not even one call has been made to me.

Anyway, good luck.

I have to disagree with you on some of this. Look at Progressive and the way in which it conducts business. Fast. When I crashed my car, I put in the claim online (saturday night) right after it happened, got a call on Sunday to make sure I was ok, they got my statement, Monday morning the estimate was written, car was totalled, and the check was in my hand Monday at 3:00PM because I had to wait to get off work. The check was for what I paid a year and 20,000 miles earlier. You get what you pay for and since you did not pay SF for the insurance coverage, they are in no hurry to pay you. It is generally understood that being a nuisance to insurance companies will get you paid in a 'hopefully' timely manner. Just keep up the calls and harassment.

Some of the rates people are quoting are PLPD which, I believe, does not cover theft, collision, and any medical. I can understand why they do it, but I would be scared everytime of the 'what if.' Also, not everyone who posts says what their deductibles are or where their coverage levels are set. All those factors can make insurance cheap or expensive.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Pro-gressive-ly awful.

Anyway, good luck.

I have to disagree with you on some of this. Look at Progressive and the way in which it conducts business. Fast. When I crashed my car, I put in the claim online (saturday night) right after it happened, got a call on Sunday to make sure I was ok, they got my statement, Monday morning the estimate was written, car was totalled, and the check was in my hand Monday at 3:00PM because I had to wait to get off work. The check was for what I paid a year and 20,000 miles earlier. You get what you pay for and since you did not pay SF for the insurance coverage, they are in no hurry to pay you. It is generally understood that being a nuisance to insurance companies will get you paid in a 'hopefully' timely manner. Just keep up the calls and harassment.

Some of the rates people are quoting are PLPD which, I believe, does not cover theft, collision, and any medical. I can understand why they do it, but I would be scared everytime of the 'what if.' Also, not everyone who posts says what their deductibles are or where their coverage levels are set. All those factors can make insurance cheap or expensive.
To each his own opinions and experience.

At the emboldened...

Oh, they have no idea about how nasty I am about to get with them.

NO EARTHLY IDEA.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:17 PM

Pro-gressive-ly awful.

Anyway, good luck.

To each his own opinions and experience.

At the emboldened...

Oh, they have no idea about how nasty I am about to get with them.

NO EARTHLY IDEA.
Be careful of how nasty you become. Your best bet is being a polite nuisance or no one will want to help you. Annoying stories may help without unnecessarily angering those who can help/impede you or result in an increased expense on your part for a lawyer and/or court costs. Try and get them talking. The people who work there are humans, after all, and will be more inclined to help a polite person. I would.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to State Farm, ask for a quote for the bike. To get it down even more, throw a car onto the same policy your bike is on and your bike and car insurance will go down.

For kicks, I just called them up...........

2007 1000RR......................$97.00/month Full Coverage, $250 deductible. Not bad considering my 2006 600RR cost me $79/month for the same coverage.

That was added to my policy which has my car on it (a 1993 Plymouth Duster I only have liability on) Without the car on the policy along with the bike, it would have cost me $176/month for the bike. So it pays to add a car onto the account with State Farm (even if it's just a beater with Liability Only.)

Old 12-18-2007, 06:30 PM
RCR

94 FZR 1000 = Full coverage $500 ded, $840 a year Progressive
01 929 RR = Full coverage $500 ded, $710 a year Progressive

All because the bike went below the 1000cc mark.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

That, or the fact the original postor was talking about a NEW, (2007-2008?) 1000cc bike.

I'm not going to debate this any longer. I've made my personal stance clear enough.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:14 PM

One more thing...

About 15 years ago, my next door neighbor was in a car accident with her daughter.

I know the little girl's arm was in a cast.

The mother appeared to be ok. (I didn't communicate with these neighbors except for the occasional hello, so did not know them well.)

One day, some insurance investigator, or spy, or something, came knocking on my door, asking if he could use my backyard to spy
on my next door neighbor. Had no identification, was not a uniformed anything, and was about 19 years old looked like.

I told the guy to get the **** off my property, before I called the cops or handled his removal myself.

He quickly left.

Point?

I hate insurance companies...their lobbyists...and basically the industry as a whole.

Also, this morning, there was some lady, looked like an insurance agent, sitting in a car in front of my house.

I asked her who she was...she got flustered, said she was reading the paper, and then started her car and left.
(at 8:45am in front of my house, she decides to read the paper?...Yeah...right.)

I was on the phone with a SF lady and she said I did not have to be present when they did their "adjusting".

I gave them an estimate, one that is cheaper than if I had gone to Honda themselves, yet they still want to deny their obligations
and pay up.

They don't want me there so they can adjust the cost to fix my F2 down to about half or less, or whatever they can get away with
than it really is going to cost to fix.

C R I M I N A L S...

Old 12-18-2007, 07:27 PM
RCR

That, or the fact the original postor was talking about a NEW, (2007-2008?) 1000cc bike.

I'm not going to debate this any longer. I've made my personal stance clear enough.
Thats what I pay.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 PM

Hmmm...is that what your agent said? My understanding (I have Progressive) is that it's all about statistical risk and credit scores, rather than displacement alone. Obviously engine size matters, but it's not important by itself compared to the history of payouts made by Progressive for each particular model.

The difference in premiums for an FZR1000 and a 929 could come down to nothing more than the FZR being older, which makes it statistically more expensive to repair or replace than the 929--which was only made for two years and so has fewer 'black facts' (number of thefts, total payouts, etc.) against it.

I'm dead certain it comes down to two things: your credit history, and the statistical likelihood that Progressive will have to make a payout over the life of the bike.

And Six, you couldn't be more right on all counts, but especially this point:

get a smaller displacement bike. If you're coming up from a 91 F2, you'll definitely appreciate the power and agility of the 600rr's.
Getting a 1000RR is merely for expensive bragging rights. The 600RR has everything you could possibly want in a sportbike--you're guaranteed never to exceed it's capabilities on the street--and insurance would be ***** lower...

Quick Reply: insurance!!!!