Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance

I was wondering if there was any type of "Theft Insurance" or if that was covered under "Comprehension and Liabily" (since you cant have comp w/o liablity). I didnt know if there was just theft or not. I cannot afford full coverage because it was $7,456 for the year ... hahaha. I told them they could shove it!! So anyways. Any advice will help, or where there is cheap insurance for comp and liabilty. No tickets, 1 wreck (my vehicle was hit while it was parked). So I dont know why it was so high. Thanks guys/gals!

Old 08-19-2006, 01:18 AM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Insurance

$7500 for a year???? WTF.

What insurance companies have you called? A lot a members say state farm is cheap. I haven't tried yet. I get/got a discount rate from USAA with progressive for active duty military. I'm out now so I will be looking for insurance again soon.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:22 AM

Ask your auto insurer too sometimes they can list it as an extra vehicle or give you a multi policy discount

Old 08-19-2006, 01:29 AM

Generally speaking, Full coverage insurance has a theft clause in it somewhere. Some are different. ask your agent to be sure. you're getting pwned with that rate though. I'm though Liberty Mutual and pay less than 1000/year on both a car and the RR! next year when i turn 25, it gets cut down A LOT. i think the figure was 750/year for both? maybe a little lower. it's was pretty cheap. but that's me. you and your area (being orlando, home of the poser and stunna scenes) will probably be high. Bike theft in FL is on the rise so i expect your rates will be higher than most. I live in Wisconsin, and theft here is extremely low. the only thing that really kills us (quite literally too) is the large amount of Drinking and Driving fatalities we have. In MSF, we had a special video JUST for wisconsin riders telling us all about the dangers of drinking and riding.

so it really depends.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:30 AM

Well, i heard that about state farm too, but you have to have your car with them in order to have bike insurance. I called progressive ($7,456) and Gieco ($5,872)!! Yeah, so, that really sucks to say the least. And, the insurance company I am have for auto, doesnt have motorcycle. So, yea, it sucks. I pay $232 a month for car. Thats the cheapest I found. So I just wanna have some kind of coverage on the bike. The thing i am worried about the most is theft!!! Letme know. Thanks

Old 08-19-2006, 11:11 AM

So what happens if you switch your car and your bike to State Farm? Maybe the car is not as cheap, but the bike goes way down, so in the long run you still save? Might be worth looking into.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:12 AM

holys%&t $7500, i pay $25 a month for my 900RR full coverage and a 250 deductable, with State Farm. but i have 2 cars and my house with them also. i would call them. they have been real good to as far as taking care of anything that happens. they pay real fast, and have never tried to jack me around. just my 2 bits.

Old 08-19-2006, 12:18 PM

I was told by my agent at State Farm that theft is covered under the comprehensive plan. Im in the same fix as you cuz i cant afford full coverage either, $3200/yr.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:11 PM

Yeah, I might check into State Farm, but I do not wanna oay much more for car insurance becasue I HAVE to have car insurance, and only want bike isurance at the moment. I just hate bringing my bike into the apartment every night

Old 08-19-2006, 01:48 PM

You dont have to have your car insurance with state farm to have motorcyle insurance with them. They carry my motorcycle and a local insurance carrys my car.

Quick Reply: Insurance