Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Indiana City Threatens $2500 Fines for Challenging Traffic Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chainstretcher
Exactly ... would not expect anyone in any position of power to be anything but fair. Around here the judges will side with the police/prosecution 100% unless you have an attorney. Last ticket I fought (because the cop was an idiot and didn't know the law) I lost, even though the state's witness testified on my behalf AND the judge admitted that the law on the summons was incorrectly applied to my circumstance. However, the cop wouldn't have written me up unless I did something wrong so I got a $250 fine for GP Suppose I could have hired an attorney and paid $500 - $1500 and won my case. Best course of action is 1) not get caught or 2) chat the cop up like he's your best bud and hope you get a warning.
That Judge needs to go do community work, what an *** !
(somewhere like Death Valley)
You can't fine someone for a charge that isn't on the docket..............
You'd have had a few extra bucks for Christmas shopping if I'd been there.
I don't side with anyone - especially cops who exceed their authority........muppets. I'm not loved but it doesn't keep me awake at night.
In the end it's all about justice and fair punishment, really.
(You don't get fined for doing wrong, you get fined for GETTING CAUGHT doing wrong).....hehe.
Just don't come up in front of me for harming children or women- no mercy for the guilty at all..........
Another mate is Chris, he's a qualified MD and Lawyer, does work on medico-legal cases. Recently he got an order to sieze the assets of the local Road Accident Fund (Govt dept) for non-payment of a claim(for a biker - Chris rides an F4i).Turned up with the Sheriff and was going to have all their computers, office desks and phones............................needless to say the claim was paid in 30 minutes.
Again, Justice was done. Plenty of these stories, over the years..........