Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Inauguration 2009

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Inauguration 2009

No I watched House on USA. Was 100% more interesting n most likey more meaningful!!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did like it when the Judge fudged up his lines though, I mean he had like 4 sentences to say...

Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 PM

Well, Im with you Classic! but ya getta understand Washington is now the new Mecca! the messiah [sm=hail.gif]has arrived and we are all gonna be just great now! we can all Polish our helmets now its gonna be so great if ya know what I mean.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: TechTrix

Ouch Classic, thats pretty harsh.

Its an historic event, and people are just pumped about it. What I DONT get it the overwhelming amount of African Americans that blindly support him cause, well, he's black 50 years from now when kids are studying this in History class, people will be able to say "Yea, I was there" or "I saw that on the tv" Then the kids are going to say "WTF is a tv?"
Dont you think its racist to say its a historic event( not saying you techtrix, no personal attack) but African Americans have been fighting for equality for years and years so why should this be such a big freakin deal, that defeats the purpose of equality doesnt it. Am i the only one this makes sense to? its like saying WOW a black person made president. Thats degrading if you ask me. Im obviously white, but if i were black i think i would find it offensive after all the work that has been done. just what i think.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yea I dont even remember all the bs thats being said or sold when any other president has been elected. I just hope BHO can do wtf he says he can and isnt a big *** disappointment.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was there!! There was a remarkable number of people who where visiting the US just for the inauguration ceremony. In addition to the large presence of people from other nations at the inauguration, it is also absolutely fascinating to see how excited the international community is for this transfer of power.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:47 AM

he'll never live up to all the hype, people are putting him up like some damned messiah and it's not possible to make good on all those promises. Notice that he never said it would get worse before it got better until he actually won the election.
I personally don't care as far as white or black, but do think that a much bigger deal was made out of this than necessary. Black guy as president, good for you, now get to work!
Hell the last speech/prayer was a damn joke, definately demeaning to white folks everywhere, but it's ok for a black guy to talk like that. what a joke...

Old 01-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's not make this a racial thing ... go somewhere else for that crap! If you want to talk about the peaceful transfer of power without getting political that is fine. But we at CBRF will not tolerate derogatory racial comments.

Quick Reply: Inauguration 2009