Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Important posts and stickies....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Important posts and stickies....

I understand the mods resistance to adding stickies. There's a certain point where it becomes impossible to manage. Perhaps we can have a single stickie in say, the "How-To" that will act as a table of contents. When we are dealing with so many posts, it's hard to go through and find the category that we are looking for. We could have it broken down in sections like:

Newbies
Maintainence
Mods

And maybe we can use a voting method or perhaps just those that you, the moderators, find especially valuable. That way posts like the 2 that Jules posted won't get lost in the 1000's of posts that we have on this site.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Important posts and stickies....

I do have to say I would like the counter steering one to be accessible to all at anytime and visible to newbies too ... I don't believe there is anything more important in riding a bike than understanding this concept ... it saves lives ..it just does :-)

Jules

Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I've just had a brilliant idea Nick :-) ... I'm going to put a link to "counter steering" in my sig, that way anyone new can see it or anyone else can quickly link to it from me ... simple but brilliant .. God I'm getting good now ;-) somebody stop me! ..lol

Jules

EDIT: I have to keep editing my posts .. my nails have gotten that long I keep hitting the key above the one I want ...lol ...all my posts are edited for typos!

Old 03-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Jules, Come over to the Hurricane section, and look at the "being aware "post.........some good advice from older, sometimes wiser, riders.......

Old 03-29-2008, 10:57 AM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Woo why don't you every week go and "BUMP" all of Jules posts so you can be happy

I think all "How to ride" threads need to be in the New member section anyways. Off Topic is A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. almost anything goes, not sure the newbies will get to read them right away if posted in here.

Good idea Woo lets get em moved out of here and put where they belong and then they can be in an area where they will be read by the people that needs to read them..