Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ancestory.Com

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ancestory.Com

This is a pretty stange request but......does anybody here belong to Ancestory.Com ? I'am trying to find the burial records of my Father, he died in 1970 and is buried in Troutville, Virginia. everytime I try to find the records it always take me to this Ancestorial web site and of course you gota join and pay money...ya I know...... I sound like a cheap *** bastard [:@]but if anybodys got a membership to this site it would be sweet if you could help me out. Anyway the reason Im lookin is my sister is in Virginia now in Martinsville for the Nascar race sunday 3-30-08 and on her way back through if she knew which cemetary he's buried in she could snap a pic of my Dads grave stone for me. Last time I even saw my dad was 37 odd years ago, he kinda disapered when I was about 5 years old he deid when I was 8. Again I know this is some weird ****, like why now, well like I said my sister is close to where he is buried so I guess this is a better time than ever. If anybody can help me my fathers name is Frank Gerlette, born Harrisburgh Penn, 1920 I think. Again weird.....but in advance.....Thanks for any help

Old 03-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ancestory.Com

I'll see what canbe found and PM you. Ancestry.com is the WalMart of genealogy, they're sucking up every bit of information abailable and charging for it. I detest that outfit.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ancestory.Com

Thank you