Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm mad at my bike.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm mad at my bike.

obviously it prolly never rains in NM, but when it does... what do you use for transportation? Keep us posted on the bike. that stinks!

Old 02-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

To add on to what Tacoma said a bad cell can cause a faulty Generator/alternator reading also. If you can borrow another battery and do a little testing on your own.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:00 PM

be thankfull you have a bike and nice days to ride

even if you have to jump it every now and again to start it.

i have a crumpled beer can sitting in my shop..just spent $600.00 last night to make it rideable..and this weekend was all 50-60 degrees..next to weeks, 15 deg. with snow

go figure...

Old 02-24-2008, 02:42 PM

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with Foxy2.
Could be as simple as a loose/dirty connector/battery terminal (although on your bike I doubt there would be a single dirty part)

have the dealer double check the battery, and the charging system on the bike (don't get why they didn't check the bike in the first place)

Also, if you have the bike running, and you disconnect the batery willit immediately shut off? (don't know if it can be done on a bike, but that was the poor man's way to check the charging system on a car. If the car could run without the batteery, it was a pretty safe bet the alternator was good. But if the car stalled as soon as you removed the battery, you needed to check/replace your alternator/charging system)

Old 02-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Also, if you have the bike running, and you disconnect the batery willit immediately shut off? (don't know if it can be done on a bike, but that was the poor man's way to check the charging system on a car. If the car could run without the batteery, it was a pretty safe bet the alternator was good. But if the car stalled as soon as you removed the battery, you needed to check/replace your alternator/charging system)

DO NOT DO THAT ! That trick only worked properly on cars say pre 1960 or so that had generators. You can short wires, or even as bad as fry your ecu on bikes or cars now a days. That trick is an old wives tale that needs to be put to rest.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Wots with the Pizza guy?
I used that as a joke because a bad encounter pizza guy pulling out in front of me is what killed Foxy 1. Bad humor on my part I guess.

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

i hope its not the regulator, my bike is still at the dealership and i noticed it was a very weak battery, im going to ask for a new one before i take that baby home.

how many miles before you started to notice bluefox? Since i have the exact same model yr i will keep my eyes peeles and see if i notice the same thing.

thanks for the heads up.
The battery was flat the first time before the bike even had 1 mile on it. It was running fine at the dealership, and we rode it from inside the dealer to the ramp to load it into the truck. When I got home, it cranked once or twice and then started clicking. So it's been a problem from the start. For the few weeks I've had it, the battery has gone completely flat about 3 times total. When I was installing my Rizoma's, I would turn the bike on (not start, just on) to check each turnsignal. After 30 seconds of having the bike on, not running, with the turn signal on, the battery went flat. On my old 06, I could have both HID's on for a few minutes before it would even hint of trying to go flat.

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

obviously it prolly never rains in NM, but when it does... what do you use for transportation? Keep us posted on the bike. that stinks!
It hardly rains, but I ride even when it does. I remember about 3 months after buying Foxy 1, we had a pretty bad rain with lots of flooding. I had to get home (because my bike is my main source of transportation). I remember coming to a stop light, putting my foot down and having the water up to my ankles.........that was an interesting ride home that night.........especially with the intense lightning we get around here.

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

To add on to what Tacoma said a bad cell can cause a faulty Generator/alternator reading also. If you can borrow another battery and do a little testing on your own.
That's probably what I'll end up doing. Borrowing Hamster's battery from his 07 and see if the same thing happens to his bike with my battery, and my bike with his. If it does, then I know for sure it's the battery. I did video record the bike not starting when I got home, with the date and time in plain sight during the recording just in case they try to disprove it or if the bike mysteriously "fixes" itself when I take it back to the dealer.

THANKS to everyone with the responses. I'm going to fool around with it a little today with Hamster's battery and see if I can get this problem solved.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:23 PM

the reg is a really easy fix and often goes bad - the put it up on the front of the bike so it would get more air and be able to breath but they still go bad. also, its a really easy DIY. you also might have to do some splicing of the wires....just match the colors.

good luck!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:41 PM

well, once its done..and hpe its soemtihng simple right.