Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm mad at my bike.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 02:41 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm mad at my bike.

Took it to the dealer today to have the 600 mile service done and have the Rizoma grips installed (because the screws on the throttle are impossible to get off.) Took it in and let them know that my battery was flat when I first brought the bike home, and that I suspect that it might be faulty because it sometimes sounds like the battery is drained when I go to start it.

So they check out the battery and they tell me that it's fine. So no worries........so I ride home (75 mile ride at about 80 mph). I get home, pull the bike into the garage and turn it off. I then IMMEDIATELY turned the bike back on to start it back up (because I thought I heard something strange.) Battery is flat. It tries to start and immediately starts clicking. WTF? I rode an entire 70 miles and the battery is completely dead when I get home.

So to make things even more confusing......we jumped the bike using another bikes battery, started right up. I took it around the block (about a minute ride total), parked and turned it off. Waited about 5 minutes and started it again.

Perfectly fine.

Started it again.

Fine, but sounded like it struggled a bit.

Then again, and a again and again. It struggled each time, but it started up another 15 times before going flat again. WTF????? I have no idea what is going on, and I HATE electrical problems. First it was the mis-matched bolts on the fairings and seat, now I'm starting with electrical problems. I'm beginning to think that I may have a lemon on my hands, but I'm praying to God that I don't. My 06 was spot-on perfect bike I bought from the same dealer, and I would hate to have a bad experience with the new 07.........but DAMN am I pissed that I have less than 950 miles on her, and I'm already having BS problems with it.

To make things worse, it's my only vehicle, the dealer is 70 miles away, and they don't open back up until Tuesday. [:@]

So sorry for the rant, but I felt the need to vent. I've never encountered a problem with my 06, so having issues right off the bat with the 07 is very discouraging and is starting to wear me thin.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I'm mad at my bike.

eww, that sucks...you check your fuses? i had that problem with a friends bike infact...the fuses werent in right or somthng..the cyclender ones though. just pull them out and put them back it could be sometihng as dumb as that.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Retired Moderator

Before I take the bike back, I'm dreading the fact that I may have to take off EVERYTHING electrical I put on it (signals, HID's, tail, etc, etc.) They already tried the "the HID's suck more power" BS, but I was quick to correct (and prove) them false.

I really do like the dealership, and hope this isn't the start of a dreadful "good dealer gone bad" story. Hopefully on Tuesday, I'll be re-impressed with them again.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:16 AM

Its the regulator, common problem.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:26 AM
Retired Moderator

^^ [:@] That's something I was dreading it would be. Looks like the bike is going of of commission for another freaking week. (and it's supposed to be 70-75 all week. [:@][:@])

Oh well, guess things could be worse though.............I could have had another run-in with another pizza delivery guy.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:58 AM

Wots with the Pizza guy?, Just get em to do a check on your reg when you take the bike in, charge your battery & running it without the headlight on can get you a fair distance (depending on the reg itself & where it is in the self destruct cycle)
Actually I wouldn't mind a pizza right now, I'm banned to my workshop & civilised company. so no food fer the old guy.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:53 AM

If your battery has gone flat more than 3 times, it's never going to be 100% right unless you replace it. Those liquid celled batteries are only meant to do that a few times. At least that's how it is with cars. It may be an excuse to try out an optima dry cell if they make them for bikes.

Are you sure you hooked everything up properly? Triple checked sure?

Old 02-24-2008, 10:09 AM

i hope its not the regulator, my bike is still at the dealership and i noticed it was a very weak battery, im going to ask for a new one before i take that baby home.

how many miles before you started to notice bluefox? Since i have the exact same model yr i will keep my eyes peeles and see if i notice the same thing.

thanks for the heads up.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

Its the regulator, common problem.

First thing I thought too....

Good luck man...sucks when the weather is good and you cant go ride.[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 02-24-2008, 10:52 AM

There is also a possibility of a bad cell in the battery. I see it on cars from time to time. In fact, the battery will test ok, and then test ok again, and then when you go to start the vehicle, nothing.... Then I will test the battey again for the 3rd or 4th time, and the meter will show nothing and the printout will say: replace battery, bad cell. It is just something else to look at, but of course, it will need to be acting up at the time it is tested.