Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tires...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires...

I'm sure this has been talked about to no end, but I keep reading suggestions aimed at fair weather riders.......

My 929 came with a set of take-off Pirelli Dragon Supercorsas on it. I ride this bike in all kinds of weather (cold, wet, whatever) and the supercorsas don't feel like they are there all the time. Yesterday the roads were salty and the back end was all over the place, then I got on some wet roads,and the back end was all over the place, then it got cold again, and the bike felt off.

Need a tire reccomendation. I just got the bike so I'm not pushing it too hard yet, but knowing me, it won't be long. I need a good all around tire.

Suggestions? Thanks, Phillip

Old 02-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Default RE: Tires...

If they came in a 16" front, I'd be all over the new Diablo Rosso...but they don't, so I'll stick with (ha!) the regular Diablo Supersport...

Really though, you can't go wrong with just about any manufacturer as long as you go for their 'supersport' category: Michelin Pilot Power, Dunlop Qualifier, Bridgestone Battlax BT-014, Metzeler Sportec M-3, Pirelli Diablo Supersport--etc, etc.

As you know, the Supercorsa is meant for sticky, warm-weather assaults, so if you take it down a notch off the track category, you'll get better wear life and better off-weather performance--and still retain a good level of grip for the street.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If their take-offs, then they tyres could be stuffed. Pirelli Dragon Supercorsas are a good tyre.
But wot is most important is your confidence in wot ever is on your bike, so replace em with a new set of tyres, their are heaps of good tyres out there. I use Bridgestone's and have no complaints for their wet weather ability. Most brands have good, if not excellent wet weather capabilities. Wet weather riding is a mind set, Confidence is king, so replace em.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

i love the regular diablos.. the supercorsa's are a really soft tire... try the regular diablo's... i was doing wheelies in the rain with my 954 that's a damn good tire in my mind

Old 02-17-2008, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

If their take-offs, then they tyres could be stuffed.
Sorry, what do you mean by stuffed? Worn out?

The previous owner of the bike apparently enjoyed burnouts enough that he wore a nice flat spot in the rear tire.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: kentuckydiesel

I'm sure this has been talked about to no end, but I keep reading suggestions aimed at fair weather riders.......

My 929 came with a set of take-off Pirelli Dragon Supercorsas on it. I ride this bike in all kinds of weather (cold, wet, whatever) and the supercorsas don't feel like they are there all the time. Yesterday the roads were salty and the back end was all over the place, then I got on some wet roads,and the back end was all over the place, then it got cold again, and the bike felt off.

Need a tire reccomendation. I just got the bike so I'm not pushing it too hard yet, but knowing me, it won't be long. I need a good all around tire.

just incase check your rear tire pressure.. i had the exact same feeling you are talking about and what i had was a tire with a small leak that was alittle below on pressure. caused my bike to feel sluggish when turning and the rear end was squirley

Old 02-17-2008, 09:11 PM

My bridge stones front tire has a small leak but cant seem to find it...yeah that might be a good idea man, check the rear...flat spots are bad.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Kc31019

My bridge stones front tire has a small leak but cant seem to find it...yeah that might be a good idea man, check the rear...flat spots are bad.
Check the valve or valve stem. Most likely the cause. Especially if its a slow leak.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

If their take-offs, then they tyres could be stuffed.
Sorry, what do you mean by stuffed? Worn out?

The previous owner of the bike apparently enjoyed burnouts enough that he wore a nice flat spot in the rear tire.
[/quote]

Sorry, not a universal English saying I guess, Stuffed = R/S, Cooked, Cactus.
Take-offs come off bikes that have been used for tracks days, Racing etc, & have copped a hammering, so there is a pretty good chance that they have reached the end of their usage, even with a reasonable amount of tread on them.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:20 AM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ORIGINAL: kentuckydiesel

just incase check your rear tire pressure.. i had the exact same feeling you are talking about and what i had was a tire with a small leak that was alittle below on pressure. caused my bike to feel sluggish when turning and the rear end was squirley
Pressure is good.

Thanks, Phillip

Quick Reply: Tires...