Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I'm Back to the Boards, remember me??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Back to the Boards, remember me??

Ok, some of you rememeber me, and some have no idea who I am. My name is Tim, and I've been away for a while because I was in the process of buying a new car, and selling my bike. I was thinking about just keeping my bike, and after the tough decision to sell it and pay off my new car, or keep it and just be in debt, i decided to keep it.

About a year ago i lost interest in my bike after returning home from Deals Gap NC. I hated riding on the highway here in Missouri, and hated the roads here because they are dirty most of the time, and my local roads just werent doing it for me. Well I was thinking my riding days were over. I just wasnt getting the rush i got before. That is why i was going to sell. I put it up in storage after just riding it to work and back, and thought I was done. That was not the case.

After not riding for a while, i was getting the "itch". I realized something, ya know that saying "You dont know what you have till its gone"? Well i realized that was me. I uncovered the bike, started it up, changed the oil, and went for a ride when we actually had a nice day here this past week. Needless to say i'm back.

I also realized how I missed you guys. This forum is so helpful, generous, and friendly. I trolled around the site for a while these past few months, and after reading the thread about BlindinOrange and the generosity of CBRF, I figured out this is a good place to be.

As those who dont know me, I hope you get to know me
As those who do remember me, I am glad to be back! For sure this time!!

-Tim S.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

PS - Another thing i was wondering is when are we going to update the main page with the 2007 BOTY??
Dont we have some Photoshop guys who can work on the page to make it a little better?

Old 03-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Default RE: I'm Back to the Boards, remember me??

welcome back bro. your right this site is an amazing thing to be a part of. glad you got the itch back before you let her go.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:20 PM

welcome back. idk you but i just got my bike and ive had that "itch" for about 5 years, haha.
but welcome back, yea this forum is one of the best, friendliest, most helpful forums of any kind ive been on.

and yea i was thinkin the same thing about the bike of the year at the top.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back. No one ever actually "leaves" .. they just take a hiatus .. the amount of time just varies from one to the next ..

just when you thought you where out they pull you back in. [8D]

Old 03-05-2008, 03:51 PM

Nope, don't remember you, now scram!

Welcome back, L2. The header should be in the works, it was brought up a few weeks ago, IDK where we are at on that though.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:56 PM

welcome back - i also don't know you and am one of the "newer" riders but i already feel "at home" here, glad to you decided to keep riding :-)

Old 03-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome back!!! Everybody comes back sooner or later

I remember you... how ya been??

Old 03-05-2008, 06:45 PM

Welcome back.
There is no escape from cbrforum!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome back, welcome back, weeelcooome baaaaaaaaaack.........hahahaha, had to

well, good to hear you kept your pride and joy! i know the feeling you had...somewhat. my bike is my daily commuter aswell as my fun backroads toy. im riding my bike year 'round here in MD and i feel the same sometimes. i just dont have that feeling anymore like i did when i FIRST got the bike aless than a year ago. i sometimes wish i could go back to that feeling, lame as it sounds...although im sure you ALL KNOW what im talking about. that FIRST time you threw a leg over, started it, kicked'er in gear and let that clutch out....the FIRST time you hit the highway/open road and got out w/ traffic, the FIRST time you stop out on a main road on your first highway ride and your feet touch the asphalt...something you NEVER do in a car. sometimes i wish i could have those feelings back. its definately different once you spend so much time on that seat.

although, leveltwo.......it only takes me about a day or two of not being on it to crave it again. to feel the wind.....*aaaaaaaah*......the pleasures of owning a sportbike. i think i might have to go out for a ride .

welcome back leveltwo, be safe out there.........oh, and dont take the simple pleasures for granted. keep the bike....keep riding, be safe!

Old 03-05-2008, 07:52 PM
VP

Heyyyyyy! What's going on LevelTwo??? Glad to hear you came around to your senses!

Quick Reply: I'm Back to the Boards, remember me??