Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: If you had a serious spill (wreck) would you give up riding?
Yes, I would stop riding, period!!
0%
I would think about stopping riding
10.42%
I may take a hiatus even after I am fit....
20.83%
Do me a favour, no way, riding is my life!!
68.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

If you had a serious spill (wreck)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default If you had a serious spill (wreck)

would you stop riding?

Feel free to discuss your views and post them...

For me when I crashed my F3 last year, it was not a bad spill just a hard crunch into a car that wrecked every bit of plastic and some other bits ... I was bruised up to hell but it never entered my head to stop, that was a non issue ... but, the truth is if I ever seriously smashed myself up and needed plates, pins etc I can't honestly say ... as I have gotten older things do worry me and being a nurse I know it's not just our nonces to worry about ... a pelvic injury in older people can be real nasty, there is such a huge blood supply down there, even to the pelvic bone ... I also want to slow down, I feel that new RR has made me go faster than even when I was younger and I think about it sometimes ... but then, when I am riding her everything clicks and feels right and cool, you know, gels ... my head versus my heart, it has always been that way ..lol

Jules

Old 02-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope would not stop, and only would take time off from to heal n fix/rebuild/replace the bike.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Won't lie. Would have to take a break, get myself back together and figure out what went wrong. And why.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldnt give it up unless my wife was truely in fear for my life everytime i got on. Right now she is just in that worried stage when i go ride. But what loving wife wouldnt be?

Old 02-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't let the gf enter the equation. She worries when I leave the house on two feet, let alone two wheels (the neighborhood is nowhere that bad). When I took the lowside, she damn near killed herself trying to help (she brought 3 first aid kits and enough gauze to mummify me).

I said I'd take a break. I'd have to analyze what caused the wreck. If it were something I coulda controlled, I'd get back on (room for improvement). If there was nothing I could have done to prevent it, I'd have to look at how many times blind luck or phenomenal skill (the chit you dream of doing without thought) saved my ***.

I'd still get back on. But there's nothing wrong with re-examining and re-evaluating things.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most likely I would quit and stick with a sports car. Hell.. once you get a really nice convertible you almost dont want to ride anyway it's almost the same thing but without a helmet!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Most likely I would quit and stick with a sports car. Hell.. once you get a really nice convertible you almost dont want to ride anyway it's almost the same thing but without a helmet!
or the power, or the feeling of low level flying ... much as I love cars and have had one or two nice soft tops, 4 wheels is still just 4 wheels, but a bike is something that is more of a lifestyle and something more than words can spell out ... but yes if we had to give up, a good soft top is not a poke in the eye :-)

Jules

Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 PM

Nope..Been in 2 already. one of which should have been fatal, but I got lucky on that one. My second wreck was actually AFTER that one. My family is trying really hard to keep me off of 2 wheels. But I would have to have full body paralysis before I quit.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juliet
or the power, or the feeling of low level flying ... much as I love cars and have had one or two nice soft tops, 4 wheels is still just 4 wheels, but a bike is something that is more of a lifestyle and something more than words can spell out ... but yes if we had to give up, a good soft top is not a poke in the eye :-)

Jules
I would have to agree, def not the same at all, fun yes, but not the same as riding!

Old 02-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Can't let the gf enter the equation. She worries when I leave the house on two feet, let alone two wheels (the neighborhood is nowhere that bad). When I took the lowside, she damn near killed herself trying to help (she brought 3 first aid kits and enough gauze to mummify me).

I said I'd take a break. I'd have to analyze what caused the wreck. If it were something I coulda controlled, I'd get back on (room for improvement). If there was nothing I could have done to prevent it, I'd have to look at how many times blind luck or phenomenal skill (the chit you dream of doing without thought) saved my ***.

I'd still get back on. But there's nothing wrong with re-examining and re-evaluating things.

thats hillarious... should have seen my wifes face when my niece knocked over my bike last weekend, you'd woulda thought she was on it by the pained look on her face....

anyway to answer the origional topic...

i wouldnt voluntarily quit for anything. short of paralysis, or death. im riding. took me to long to get on two wheels, i aint gettin off. call it stubborn or bull-headed. i dont care.

Quick Reply: If you had a serious spill (wreck)