Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I will be here in two weeks!! :-)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I will be here in two weeks!! :-)

I have shown you guys this town before ..but this time I have the tide up in the harbour ..its Tenby in Pembrokeshire ... to me its the
most beautiful town EVAR!! ... whenever I go I try to capture this place on camera but no picture I can ever take does it justice ... here
are some taken late last autumn ... the light was not right and it was hazy but you should get the idea ... I am hoping for some really
bright sunny days when I go in two weeks as I intend getting lots of this area .. when the sun shines on this place its simply to die for!!

Jules

Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I will be here in two weeks!! :-)

Great view! I love those small towns!

Looking at those pictures, I realized I need a vacation

Old 08-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Banned

It looks amazing!! Can I come too?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:29 AM

hey..hwo bout you come off that little rock and come to the US?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 AM

Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM

Anywhere that says museum, I'm there. OMG actually stands for oh, museums, great! Then I'm gonna go up onto the hill there and see just exactly who is immortalized in stone. And I'm really enjoying the building on stilts to the left, with the curved roof...please let there be a cafe in there! ...excuse me, need a hot cuppa and some cookies and milk to enjoy the ocean with! lol

Old 08-08-2008, 03:07 PM
VP

OMG actually stands for oh, museums, great!
hahahahaha

Old 08-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Anywhere that says museum, Im there. OMG actually stands for oh, museums, great! Then Im gonna go up onto the hill there and see just exactly who is immortalized in stone. And Im really enjoying the building on stilts to the left, with the curved roof...please let there be a cafe in there! ...excuse me, need a hot cuppa and some cookies and milk to enjoy the ocean with! lol
That is the Tenby museum and art gallery ... I have been in there several times over the years, this place and the surrounding areas are stooped in history and the whol.e story is right here in this museum from 10th century Tenby to the present day ..it even talks about how the town was once overun by pigs in the middle ages ..lol ..the story of the harbour which has always been central to this town ..the pirates and piracy are a great read too ...they have wonderful pics of this place from the past, for instance the same pics I take now but a 100 years ago or more ..its exactly the same except for the old fashioned boats in the harbour :-) .. this is another place that time forgot!!

I will take some pictures when I go to the museum, I am about due another visit ... the views are lovely too from the museum cafe across to Caldey island and Carmathen Bay area :-) .. I love to sit with a coffee and just watch the ocean, the boats and the people ..for me ..it never gets better than that!! :-)

The statue is Queen Victoria's Consort, Prince Albert ..it was put there during the Victorian era ... just the other side of the statue is a replica Victorian bandstand and is used today for various musical performances .. the whol.e of Castle Hill is bigger than it looks from my pictures .. its a lovely place to walk around on a quiet summers evening with the sea views all around you :-) ...

The building on stilts is the new Tenby lifeboat station .. you can go into this massive station and see the boat and talk with the people who run it .. seriously you have never seen a boat so well kept ..even the propellor is highly polished ..oh my, I think I maybe taking about a gazillion pictures this time!! :-)

I even have the pictures of them building this station .. I will post them soon ..it was very intersting to watch!! :-)

Phew sorry ..bit of an essay there but I can wax lyrical about this whol.e place for an eternity ..lol

Jules

Old 08-09-2008, 09:56 AM

thanks for share, these are some awesome pics. i cant wait to take eurotrip!

Old 08-09-2008, 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

I will take some pictures when I go to the museum, I am about due another visit ... the views are lovely too from the museum cafe across to Caldey island and Carmathen Bay area :-) .. I love to sit with a coffee and just watch the ocean, the boats and the people ..for me ..it never gets better than that!! :-)

I will do the same thing, only 5k miles distant, in one week's time, at the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego in La Jolla, California. When I lived near there, I was almost a daily visitor...sitting outside with a book, coffee, and the ocean...just amazing. You simply must come round...

Quick Reply: I will be here in two weeks!! :-)