Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I tried to fight a car...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is currently Chrome Yellow by Ford but if I repaint this winter I might go with the metallic gray of my Ranger. It is still up in the air though.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:58 PM

I'm kinda unclear as to what you mean by kevlar rash, was it like parts of the pants that did get burned away, or something that happend through the kevlar.

Glad your OK mate... keep ridin safe

Old 06-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by xankriz
I'm kinda unclear as to what you mean by kevlar rash, was it like parts of the pants that did get burned away, or something that happend through the kevlar.

Glad your OK mate... keep ridin safe
Prolly what happened to me in Carhartt heavy duty pants. The slide didn't burn through the pants. But the friction from the fabric sliding on my legs gave me what we called 'raspberries' in soccer. Nowhere near as bad as asphalt vs skin.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Prolly what happened to me in Carhartt heavy duty pants. The slide didn't burn through the pants. But the friction from the fabric sliding on my legs gave me what we called 'raspberries' in soccer. Nowhere near as bad as asphalt vs skin.
Exactly. Also, +1 on it being tons better than the asphalt vs skin.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:51 AM

Two crashes in a year? Thats not a very good record. Maybe you need to reconsider.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by CYACOP
Two crashes in a year? Thats not a very good record. Maybe you need to reconsider.
LOL, did you really register to tell me that? Technically, it was only one crash and this one crash was because someone decided it'd be a good idea to run into me... probably the same motivation you had for posting that, hope that your hate will pull me away from riding. Sorry, hater, but I plan on riding until I physically can't.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by raylee
LOL, did you really register to tell me that? Technically, it was only one crash and this one crash was because someone decided it'd be a good idea to run into me... probably the same motivation you had for posting that, hope that your hate will pull me away from riding. Sorry, hater, but I plan on riding until I physically can't.
No hate involved, rather more concern than anything. Been a member here for quite a while actually. Seems strange Ive ridden a street bike probably longer than you have been alive and never once been down. The key is to stay away from moving vehicles, period. Safe riding.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:29 PM

No hate involved, rather more concern than anything. Been a member here for quite a while actually. Seems strange Ive ridden a street bike probably longer than you have been alive and never once been down. The key is to stay away from moving vehicles, period. Safe riding.
And Captain Obvious strikes again! You win some and you lose some. A day on 2 wheels is better than any day on 4.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:57 PM

Yeah, and it's strange that AMA, BSB, MotoGP, the thousands who have vids on youtube, thousands more who didn't bother posting vids, have all fallen and stastically almost everyone who rides takes a fall at one point in various forms, yet you haven't been down once?

You may have been riding longer than I've been alive, but I guarantee that I log more miles a week and push myself further when it comes to riding than you do. In fact, just the fact that I have fallen, been injured and didn't consider giving up the sport for even a moment is testament to that fact.

And unless you're one of those pussies that has a second username just so you can spout ****, I don't really consider just short of 2 months "quite a while".

Old 06-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alrighty simmer down. It was too hot today already. No need for yall two to raise the temp

Quick Reply: I tried to fight a car...