Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I tried to fight a car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I tried to fight a car...

Roxanne and I lost. Basically, I was on a two way, one lane each way road and the car in front of me headed left and I thought she was making a left turn onto the adjacent road. I go ahead on my heading and she decides to swerve back and make a right turn instead as I was right at her fender. My left side frame slider decided it'd be fun to get caught where her door and fender meet and Roxy decides to throw me off and I tumbled a few times. Luckily I wasn't going that fast and I had all of my gear on. Got a nasty gash on my left knee, but a nastier gash going all the way around my helmet, I'm glad my brains still in my skull.

There's plenty of nitpicking details, but we're both at fault for various reasons, her for not signaling and crossing double yellow lines to make a right turn and me for not being patient and trying to anticipate her follow through.

Luckily this was in the middle of nowhere so there was no other traffic and I tumbled onto a parking lot.

Roxanne's engine case decided to crack right by the stator cover and oil got dumped all over the place, left side fairings... well, yes, mirror, left side headlight cover got scratched. I kinda wish the ordeal was video taped because I'd like to see it on YouTube. A shopkeeper came out of the store and told me she thought I died from the way I was tumbling.

BTW, kevlar jeans can still give you kevlar rash instead of road rash... I don't know which is better. I'm guessing kevlar rash because it's not aching like it did when I decided to wear regular jeans and crash last year.

Yeah, I know... , but I'm glad to have gotten off as easily as I did. Insurance is still figuring everything out and I'll know more about what's what in the following days.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad yer OK, glad for gear... hope yer knee gets healed up fast.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're ok-ish. The kevlar jeans may have given you a friction burn (my Carhartts did the same).

Pretty sure that's way better than what woulda happened during a clean burn thru

Old 05-03-2010, 08:14 AM

Glad to hear you made it through your get off mostly intact. You made a wise choice to be geared up... bikes can be replaced. I hope your injuries heal quickly. Tom.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear that ray. Glad you're ok. Hope insurance takes care of you. Keep us updated.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:45 PM

The slider actually played a part of the reason why you went down. That is kind of ironic.

But it's great that you came up without any serious injuries. Good luck on getting your bike into shape soon!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Sux I hope it is all better soon. Glad you are ok though!!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:45 PM

Have any pics?

Glad to hear you are okay!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Get well soon!

Now I must go find out about this kevlar rash as they're also my jean of choice.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Preid
Get well soon!

Now I must go find out about this kevlar rash as they're also my jean of choice.
Friction burns prolly. The street didn't make it thru my Carhartts when I went down. But two contact points, my knee and my hip, took small quarter sized burns from the friction.

Quick Reply: I tried to fight a car...