Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

i need some advice on being a dad from a dad !

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 04:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i need some advice on being a dad from a dad !

sounds like you are a trying to be the best dad you can and one day the children will relize it (if they do not already). if your the outdoors type maybe you should look into texas, i never lived there but ino a lot of good things going for that state, affordable housing, hunting everywhere (progun state is always a plus). not to far from az either for a trip over to c the kids. only a state away... food for thought.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:43 AM

well, dont ever do to your kids what you wouldn't do to yourself. your kids are you

Old 06-23-2007, 04:52 AM
Retired Moderator

Mk,
Thereis a lot of wisdom in these posts that I am reading. Raven, very nice words of encouragement. I have three children. Two from my first marriage, and one that came from my very first rebound sexual experience after my marriage disolved. Both of these mothers live in the same town as me (sounds like I play the banjo and make people squeel like a pig, doesn't it). It has taken years, but I have learned to deal with them to a point of friendship. At some point I realized that every distraction is time away from my kids...that is history that I am missing out on. You should stay near the kids because you will miss so much that you can never get back. When you are on your death bed, it is time with friends and loved ones that you will treasure. It is time with your family that will be a reward for a good life. Love those babies like your life depended on it...because it does. Good luck, bro!

Old 06-23-2007, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Raven
For me, being an excellent Father is like being an excellent motorcyclist ; It's not something you can be, it's something you are as a result of countless little choices, which lead to variable actions and perceptions, whichthen produces that "atmosphere"which cannot exactly be put into words. Everything's gonna be okay, brother.
+ infinity man, that was a dang good post/read. I have quoted what i thought was the best part of your post, i can tell that you put alot of thought into it.
ORIGINAL: Raven
Everything's gonna be okay, brother.
^^^that post is one of the reasons im glad to be a fellow enthusiast and a member of this board, we are in some ways like one big family on here. Everyone willing to help out each other weither it be wrench time,advice, experience, or just regular everyday troubles in our life where we need to vent you can always find an open ear here. I've meet alot of cool ppl on here : Blackwidow_600= ive helped him work on his bike and hes helped me work on the wifes, came over for dinner last night, becoming a good friend to have. txridder: ridden with him once, talked to him some and currently trying to help him get his bike back together by locating parts, etc. Bornlukee13: rode with him once, great guy came all the way down from Killen to ride and offered to help out with the 900/ said if i needed work done he has a garage and tools, point im trying to make is you dont mmet people like this anywhere else, this is a close knit community with everyone willing to help each other out.
Sorry didnt mean to thread jack or make this post so long.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:52 PM

I got two boys and if any woman ever wanted to be #1 in my life i'd tell her to go pound salt, and that includes my wife (the kids' mom)

It's up to you on the final decision. Kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. If you move, make sure you take them for several weeks at a time or during summers. Since you seem to have a woman, she should understand and help you get a better lawyer. There are plenty of women's groups that pay for lawyers for the ladies, so I'm sure there has to be a group somewhere that can advise for the guys who are in these situations. Most judges automatically side with the woman, but slowly the times are changing. In the case of the visitation, ou may be able to file the documenst yourself. Some support groups may be able to help.

If she is really keeping them from you and you are paying your support, (the two are seperate though) she can be held in contempt of court. This could be good because you could get more visitation. In any event, I would make notes of every single conversation you have and all the days you are supposed to get the kids but don't. It's also not good if you miss days either, so make sure you are the better person.

Last, while I love being with my boys I undestand they would be better off with their mom if we ever got seperated. I would rather get along and take them whenever I can rather than wage a war and have them get caught in the middle. If I had to move, I'm sure they would understand and they would also be able to come for visits whenever they wanted.

Good luck with your decision. It's a tough one, but you need to do what will help make you happy and better off. Who knows, maybe you'll do so well, you and your new woman could get custody some day.

Old 06-25-2007, 05:05 PM

yes kids are #1, and it will always be that way, but your new lady friend doesnt need to feel like "number 2" she with you, and she is important to you. shes not just second fiddle she is very important. BUT yes kids are the most important. always be there for them however you can. its not about the amount of MONEY you can spend on them its about the amount of QUALITY TIME. you can spend on them. kids know when they are loved. treat them right and always let them know how much you love em.