Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I must have had a sign on my back today that said "all cops please mess with me"

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I must have had a sign on my back today that said "all cops please mess with me"

Ok so on my way to work this morning, I had a cop go way out of his way to get behind me at a red light. At first I didn't think much of it cause the cop shop was on that side of the street about a mile down. First off, he pulled up about 2 feet from my rear tire at the light. I know how they are around here and just figured he was trying to make me nervious so I would do something wrong. I wasn't worried until the light turned green and he stayed about 5 feet from my rear tire for the whole mile until he turned into the cop shop. I'm sure he was just running my plate but that is seriously unsafe. Normally I would have just gassed it and got away from a driver like that but I knew he would have pulled me over and I didn't need that hassle. Then I pulled up at a gas station to get some smokes and there was a biker cop inside chit chatting with the clerk. when I went in for the smokes, the clerk ID'ed me. (obviously. I am 25 but I could pass for a high schooler) When I pulled out my lisence the cop was looking over my shoulder like he had me busted or something?!?! If I was underage do you think I would walk up next to a cop and try to buy cigs??? Then he gave me a dirty look as I left. Finally I got to work. I always park my bike on the walkway right by the front door. Our lot is kinda small so it helps save parking spaces for others. Well right when I put the side stand down, a cop walks out of our office and says "what are you doing? you can't park that on the sidewalk." I said "I work here, I park here everyday" Then he said, "I don't care, Tracey just told me to mess with you." Just then Tracey, (a coworker of mine) comes from around the corner laughing.

Had that last one not have been a joke. I would probably be at the police station later tipping over some police HD's. lol J/k but that would have just topped my morning commute off real good.

P.S. all of this happend within my 5.5 mile ride to work.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM

wow...what are the odds that you would have to deal with cops messing with you, and the same day get pranked on by one...maybe its a sign.... dun dun dun

Old 07-14-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by RocketMan84
If I was underage do you think I would walk up next to a cop and try to buy cigs???
To answer that question, Actually Yes.

Funny story I'm actually a Police Officer in a small town, 10,000 people. Another officer and I arrested a 19 year old on a Friday night for minor in possesion of alcohol. Which usually if a kid that age wants to be responsible and enjoy a few in a safe manner and is honest and respectful I generally won't hassle them about it. But this individual had just got into a fight and while talking to him said he had just drove out there to his friends house about 3 miles to a subdivision. And yes he was at a high enough BAC to get a DUI had he been caught driving. So we go to the car to get the rest of the alcohol and there is his half empty beer sitting in the cup holder along with a half empty box of bud light. So he was arrested for Minor in possesion and open container. Fast forward to monday afternoon and I go to the local Walmart to pick up my eye glasses and a few groceries. Well as I walk in I see this same individual we had arrested and he walks by like he doesn't know who I am. So I grab a few things and start to walk to check out and what do you know the same kid is walking in front of me with a case of imports. Mind you I'm not in uniform but still you would think you could recognize someone who had just arrested you. So I stand in the express line right behind him, and I'm thinking to myself either this kid is praying the cashier won't ID him or he has a fake ID. It just so happened that the other officer from friday night was in the store also off duty, so I texted him real quick to come and observe the fun. The kid hands an ID over and the cashier checks it hands it back and states how much he owes. Whew! he's in the clear. The other officer joins me in line right behind. Now this kid has both officers behind him, so I don't think there's anyway he didn't recognize us, but who knows. So as he's about to put the ID away I tell him I need to see his ID. He looks at us real quick and puts the ID away pretending not to hear, so I pull out my badge and tell him I need to see his ID. The cashiers eyeballs get as large as mellons and she starts to freak out thinking she's in trouble for selling to a minor. The kid then hands his ID to me and it's an arizona ID with a 1988 date of birth. I show the cashier that the ID did indeed say he was 22 and told her she did a good job. The kid then starts to throw lie after lie about the ID and tries to convince us that the state of Arizona issued it to him while he was living there. So finally an on duty officer shows up to arrest the kid and while waiting he explained to us that it was ordered online. Which I had guessed craiglist, but to the kids credit the ID looked pretty legit and the only way of knowing would be to run it.

So the answer to the question is yes, sorry for the rant but were used to people trying to get away with stuff in front of us if they think they can.

Better luck with the local 5.0 though.

Old 07-15-2010, 06:49 AM

Some people are just ridiculous.

There was a party center in the town where my high school was. he would sell to anybody. If you wore a college sweatshirt, he'd ask how the semester was going. He sold to minors with a cop in the store, knowing full well they weren't legal. He stayed in business a long time surprisingly...