Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I`m a dad!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:50 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I see an cbr125 parked in your garage in the not so distant future....
Get "son of mattson" and account now!

Nice looking kid, man. Your wife must be good looking...LOL

Congrats again!
You do realize that he will be 15 years old in what feels like tomorrow, don't you?

My advice is to take him everywhere with you. He will learn more of the world from what you show him, than what you tell him about. Keep him close by your side and include him in doing stuff.

Avoid baby talk too. Treat him like a little person, that he is.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Missynet
I Congradulate you once more on perfectly healthy baby boy!!!

He looks awsome!

Guess I have to make that trip in the summer to visit you guys as have to find that small riding gear now as promised

:icon_drink :: icon_toast:
Heh, should you decide to make the trip, alone or with our man, you`re the most welcome! Just remember to give me a shout early enough so I can make the needed arrangements!

Don`t have your address at hand right now but it`s about 368km thru the Kurikka-Alavus-Ähtäri-Jyväskylä route, that`s the most fun to drive and on the best condition, the shortest route is only 2km shorter and really not worth it... If you`re coming by bike I`d strongly recommend NOT to come via Tampere, that road is boring as f**** to drive and it`s a detour anyway, we`ve gone thru there to Vaasa avery now and then cause my wife`s parents live in Lammi.

There`s a beautiful little detour too just before Joutsa thru 610 (korpilahdentie) and 612 (luhangantie) that adds some km:s to the trip but really IS worth it, it`s official name is the lake Päijänne Scenic route, I tend to drive thru it and from Joutsa to Hartola and back home at leats once every summer.

Going totally offtopic now but who cares, it`s my thread anyway

Last edited by Mattson; 04-18-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Gorgeous shot! Hello little Mattson's son.

Cheers, SB

Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Originally Posted by splash
Congratulations! to both of you.

in case you need help with a name:

*video*
Oh crist! I needed a good laugh! In fact we, or more precisely I, have been having some trouble with the name, my wife`s constantly suggesting names that I seem to keep shooting down at the same rate, but it seems we have been able to reach consensus about the subject now that we`ve seen the child and both thought " he doesn`t look a bit like ****,***** nor ****..."

We`ll keep it to ourselves till the day of cristening

Last edited by Mattson; 04-18-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will see, maybe will make it on my long holiday time, fetch some sweets for ur miss´s and that loved Sinep from estonia Will see about ur kid (now where is that icon with devil laugh?)

Cant wait til the moist is out from the air. But thanks for the road tips! I Appreciate it highly since My most trips have been last yr here around vaasa, seinöjoki, ylistaro and alavus.

STILLL LOVIN THIS PICTURE!!!!!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 AM
July 2014 ROTM
Thumbs up Congratulations

Originally Posted by 74demon
I see an cbr125 parked in your garage in the not so distant future....
Get "son of mattson" and account now!

Nice looking kid, man. Your wife must be good looking...LOL

Congrats again!
You do realize that he will be 15 years old in what feels like tomorrow, don't you?

My advice is to take him everywhere with you. He will learn more of the world from what you show him, than what you tell him about. Keep him close by your side and include him in doing stuff.

Avoid baby talk too. Treat him like a little person, that he is.
+1 to that

Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 AM

Congratulations!!

Another fine addition to the cbr family!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations to you and the wife. Enjoy every day with him (and any future siblings). You're in for a great ride. Kids are great - even when they do things that make you tear your hair out until you remember you did the same things when you were that age.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by DRam
Congratulations to you and the wife. Enjoy every day with him (and any future siblings). You're in for a great ride. Kids are great - even when they do things that make you tear your hair out until you remember you did the same things when you were that age.
Thanks man! I`ve actually given that a thought myself, smoking when I was like 13, drinking at like 15 or so (not much of either but try) and still turned out pretty decent, I trust that everyone has to make their own mistakes. Not like you have to try everything that comes by and never learn from other peoples doings, but living in a "glass bubble" isn`t good either.

I`ve done some things in my past that I`m not particularily proud of, but I trust I`ve learned something from them too and hopefully "getting away" with them has kept me from doing anything really stupid...

Can`t wait to get them both home from the hospital, I was there most of today and am going back tomorrow too...

Now I gotta hit the hay, it`s currently 2am here...

Last edited by Mattson; 04-19-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: yet another typo fix...
Old 04-19-2013, 07:27 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Mattson

OMG So Cute!! Congrats!!!