Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I`m a dad!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I`m a dad!

Couldn`t be much happier right now, yesterday 22:38 my wife gave birth to our first healthy little baby boy! 3420g, 48cm, everyone`s fine given the circumstances.

Just woke up a while ago and gonna go to the clinic to see both of them in a minute. Still kind of getting used to the idea, but the more I think about it, the better it feels!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
Couldn`t be much happier right now, yesterday 22:38 my wife gave birth to our first healthy little baby boy! 3420g, 48cm, everyone`s fine given the circumstances.

Just woke up a while ago and gonna go to the clinic to see both of them in a minute. Still kind of getting used to the idea, but the more I think about it, the better it feels!

Congratulations to you and your wife - fantastic news! And welcome little Mattson to the world

It only gets better and better being a Dad. My little girl is now 24 and has just set off on a year-long journey around the world with her boyfriend.

Savour every second of your new son.

Cheers, SB

Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Congradulate you once more on perfectly healthy baby boy!!!

He looks awsome!

Guess I have to make that trip in the summer to visit you guys as have to find that small riding gear now as promised

:icon_drink :: icon_toast:

Old 04-18-2013, 03:52 AM
Welcome Crew

congratulations to you both

Old 04-18-2013, 07:41 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Congrats to both of you!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 AM

Congratulations mate!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

congratulations! i became a dad about a year ago, and it's amazing. i'm really happy for you. congratulations again to you, your wife, and both of your families. if you ever need any help or advice, don't hesitate to ask the parents on the forum! as seb said, cherish every moment.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! to both of you.

in case you need help with a name: (NSFW)

Old 04-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations!

Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you everyone! Yes, it`s a mighty feeling, still takes a bit of processing but gets more awesome every time I think about it!

Last night at about 2am when I was driving home from the hospital the thought got me swallowing a few times, and I can happily confess that as I was listening to the Radio Rock, at 2:10 they decidet to play Aerosmith`s I don`t want to miss a thing, which fit the situation 100% AND it happens to be "our song" I might have let *sniff* out a few tears...

Got back home a few hours ago from the clinic, there`s just no words, holding your own son, less that 24 hours old, in your lap... I was kind of afraid to not know what to do but apparently it comes natural... dang, got something in my eye *sniff* ;D

Congratulations to you and your wife

It only gets better and better being a Dad.
There`s not a shadow of doubt in my mind about that, it`s going to be interesting to see his teens, my... let`s say somewhat flammable character combined to my wife`s stubbornness that`ll make a rhino jealous... good times ahead, no doubt! (IMO A true person has to have some temper, no point being just another cobble in the road, everyone will just walk over you...)

Savour every second of your new son.
I will do my very best! My own father relationship wasn`t any particularily pleasant and I will try my very hardest to be and not be everything he wasn`t/was...

One of the perks of being an entrepreneur is that I can dictate my own holidays as I please so I got the next week off from work to be able to get to know to the newcomer properly when they get home at sunday.

Just have to add one pic, in this one he`s 3mins short of 1,5 hours old

Last edited by Mattson; 12-19-2015 at 04:46 PM.