Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I hurt my back...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 04:08 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I hurt my back...

putting my cbr on it's main stand. I've always struggled pulling it up but now I've really done something, can hardly walk today and in such pain. I think I'll just stick to the side stand for the foreseeable...

Old 01-28-2008, 05:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I hurt my back...

I did my back a month or so ago, moving an old fridge, so you have my sympathy.
Yeah anything can make the buggers pop. Is it a muscle thing happening or a disc? I ask because with a disc you have to do some back exercises to get everthing back into line.
Either way, don't make the mistake of sitting on your bum popping pain killers hoping it will just magically go away, get some professional help.
As for the center stand, most people make the mistake of bending to get a decent hold & then actually lifting the bike up, when its actually pulling the bike back (& the stand does the lifting).
Anyway hope its not long before your ok.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 AM

Thanks, I have a pain from my back and down my right leg and it's painful to walk, even sitting or lying I can feel it...

Old 01-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I have a bad back so I know how it can feel. I always have someone help me when I put my bike on the swing arm stand. It's better to be safe the sorry. This past Friday I had to move my new treadmill out of my basement to my new house and let me tell you I am still feeling it. Me and my step dad was hurting the rest of the night and we still had more stuff to move that night. Rest as much as you can and make sure you ice it then heat it and try not to lift anything for a few days. if it don't get better go see a doctor.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Banned

Sciatica?I hope not.If it is you have 7 to10 days of pain, nothing will help speed it up. My girlfriend had it and she saw a doctor and he said all you can do is wait it out.

http://www.spine-health.com/topics/c...c_nerve01.html

Old 01-28-2008, 08:25 AM

oh hell...sounds like sciatica then, even lying and sprawled on the sofa I can't get comfortable...

sorry to hear you hurt yours too Bumble...

Old 01-28-2008, 08:52 AM

Might wanna go see someone about it. Sorry to hear you got hurt though. Go see a doctor if you just want something to take the pain away, go see a Chiropractor if you want it to get fixed.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:55 AM

Thanks-I'll live-I'm a little tank when it comes to pain and stuff like that. 23 years of rideing off-road bikes will do that to you. Hurting you back can be one of th worst things you can do to your body and it takes so long to heal if it ever does. You might want to go get it checked out just to be safe.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:29 AM

I will see the doc when I can but just now can't move too well, was going to do some baking but could only stand the pain long enough to make a cup of tea...

Old 01-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Banned

was going to do some baking
A woman that bakes and rides a bike? It can't be.

Quick Reply: I hurt my back...