Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

I HATE waiting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So. He FINALLY emailed me today. WHOOPPIEEEE!! His wife popped, baby boy is fine. He gave me his number and asked to call tomorrow. Also, he said that although there were other people eye-ing the bike (and bidding), I was the first to actually contact him (I never bid, I always email/call). He said he would give me the first look since I was the first to contact him. In other words, it's mine!
I'm going to buy a baby card and maybe some baby socks to give to him. Let's see how good a deal I get on the bike.

I re-read the secondhand bike buying guide I read when I bought the F4 (to remind me of some important checks) and will do a thorough check up. I will be able to test ride it. If it purrs like it should then I'll be riding it back the same day (either tomorrow or Saturday) and will then order all the touring stuff I need.

I feel so much better haha. Pics (probably in a new thread) will hopefully soon follow!

Old 07-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news. Dont forget the pics

Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 AM

I'm in the same boat. I'm patient though. I've been waiting for a deal like this for 24 years. Right bike, right color, right price. Now e-mail me back dammit!

Old 07-03-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by RedBaron
Good news. Dont forget the pics

You can see the rash (he tipped it over coming to a stop light) on the right fairing but that's an easy fix (I will reclear it for now and later source a second hand fairing). There is also a little crack at the right air duct but my other bike also has a slight crack that needs repairing. No biggy.

I took a train, bus etc. to the guy's place and bought him a little 'baby's first footprint' thingy (insert foot, let it set and hang it on the wall) which he really liked. I did a thorough inspection and he was quite surprised I knew so much about the bike. The rash on the right is the most noticeable and that's pretty much it besides normal wear. It came with brand new tires (only a very light chicken strip left ) which have been scrubbed in nicely.

It needed a bit more choke than I would have liked during the inspection but I have put two bottles of fuel additive (1 carb/injection cleaner thingy per full tank) and it runs better now. I also corrected the idle speed which was a bit low (also causing it to sputter a bit at start up). It fires up nicely and purrs like a lion. I rode it home last night and went up and down to Antwerp. Today I went to Germany and got to experience the Autobahn a bit (with passenger and stock/low windscreen).

Next on the list is a Corbin seat, Buell pegs, SPY 5000 alarm, a dark tinted bubble windscreen (stock is ****), hyperpro suspension upgrade and tinted turn signals (besides all the touring hard cases etc.). I'm also going to paint the exhaust, rearsets, pegs, front forks and swing arm black. It's going to be sweeeettt!! I'm in love! (Did close to 500 miles with a passenger since yesterday evening). It has low miles considering it's a '97 and he had the bike for about ten years (only putting about 7000km on it)He was the second owner. What a deal!

More pics will follow.

Attached Thumbnails I HATE waiting!-p1060457.jpg  

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 07-03-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
I'm in the same boat. I'm patient though. I've been waiting for a deal like this for 24 years. Right bike, right color, right price. Now e-mail me back dammit!
Dude, you got a sweet Blade in your pic.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Dude, you got a sweet Blade in your pic.
Thanks. That one is my daily driver. I am trying to add one more 600 hurricane to the stable. Its the one that got away in 1987...

Old 07-04-2011, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName

Wow, that's awesome, you finally got your Blackbird! Barely took any time at all (although I bet it felt like an eternity waiting). I bet the power is unbelieveable compared to the f4. Hopefully, it serves you well on your journey this year.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:57 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Bike looks good !! be sure to send in the pics as you go places to places

Old 07-04-2011, 03:36 PM

WoW sweet looking bird, congratz on the pickup. Sounds like it was worth the wait hey

Old 07-04-2011, 05:30 PM

Haha thanks guys. I know it might not have been long according to my post but I've wanted this bike since I got my F4. I was going to buy it anyway though I was thinking around wintertime when I had the money for it (and prices were lower). This came up unexpectedly but it's perfectly timed (due to my trip) and I snatched up a great deal!

Yumi. I'm leaving mid August and will make sure to open up a new thread for all the pics.

PS: The license plate has the number 26 in it which it cool because I'm turning 26 July 15th. Happy b-day me!

Quick Reply: I HATE waiting!